Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ChatQ&AResponsive Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Whistleblower Claims
Video Chat and Conferencing
Potential clients with criminal defense cases are provided a FREE lawyer consultation, as do personal injury cases. This can be a virtual meeting on DUO, Facetime, ZOOM, GoToMeeting or other video conferencing tool. Our lawyers near me in the tri-county area for Hinds, Madison and Rankin counties can usually assist with traffic tickets, or refer you out to other criminal lawyers near your court for speeding or accident cases. Be aware that few law firms near me in the Jackson Mississippi area have almost 70 years of collective legal experience. Even fewer are published legal books authors like our attorneys near me.
Credit Cards Accepted
After paying a retainer in criminal law cases, our firm can set up a legal fee payment plan for you, but use of a monthly authorization of a periodic payment. Our #1 goal is to thoroughly review your case and offer you our legal fee agreement. It is crucial to limit your search to criminal lawyers near me who have extensive litigation experience.
Contingency fee agreements available ONLY for personal injury cases. In our free consultation, we discuss criminal defense fees for your representation. Our lawyers in Mississippi can provide ideas on fee alternatives and sources for funding a criminal case.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- The Mississippi Bar
- U.S. Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- United States District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- English: Spoken, Written
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A.
- - Current
- Mississippi College School of Law
- Florida State University
- B.S. (2002) | Criminology
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Leadership in Law
- Mississippi Business Jouirnal
- The Mississippi Bar  # 102406
- National College for DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
Articles & Publications
- Mississippi DUI Law and Practice
- Thomson Reuters
- DUI Case Law Update , Univ. of Mississippi Annual DUI Defenders Conference , Flowood, MS
- University of Mississippi
- DUI Case Law Update , DUI Defenders Annual Conference , Table 100 Conference Center in Flowood, MS
- Ole Miss CLE
- NHTSA Standard Field Sobriety Testing - Student Course Certification
- William Maze, Esq., Detroit, MI
Websites & Blogs
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A. Website
- Lance Mixon's Website Profile
- Mississippi Criminal Law Blog
3 Questions Answered
- Q. What is the sentences for failure to comply/resisting in the state of Mississippi
- A: The "failure to comply" charge carries up to 6 months in jail, a $500 fine plus court costs, or both, in addition to potentially being placed on supervised probation. "Resisting arrest" is a separate offense, and it carries the exact same penalties as "failure to comply," which may be imposed - IF CONVICTED - to run concurrently (meaning together, or at the same time), or consecutively (meaning 6 months plus 6 months = potentially 1 year in jail - same for the fine amounts). I notice that this question was asked from Mendenhall, MS. Mendenhall, and Simpson County in general, is a jurisdiction that I frequently go to and defend people accused of crimes, with great results for the clients who choose to hire me. Lance Mixon
- Q. I posted bond for some one, can I get that back?
- A: Multiple issues control this. First, is the case over yet. If so, then yes. In still pending, on misdemeanor cases, after 12 months, you can ask the court to release you as surety.
- Q. Is it legal to drink alcohol and shoot targets on my own private property in ga.
- A: Your private property may be in a city that makes discharging a firearm in the city limits illegal. Plus, in some or residential neighborhoods, covenants prevent such activities due to disruption of the neighbors due to loud noises.
Contact & Map