Vic Carmody JrAward-Winning Legal Book Author, DUI/Criminal Defense Lawyer & Domestic Violence
- Criminal Law, DUI & DWI, Cannabis & Marijuana Law ...
I grew up in Flora Mississippi. After graduation, I attended Mississippi State University before joining the US Army and serving in the Vietnam conflict. as a 2nd Lieutenant with Bravo Company 2/7th in 1st Air Cavalry Division (Custer's Cavalry) before being reassigned as the Commanding Officer of a nuclear weapons in northern Germany. I was then promoted to Captain in a Green Special Forces Unit and finished my military service as a Military Police Captain.
I started my first responder service with the City of Jackson Mississippi rising from a Patrolman, Sergeant and finished my public service as a Lieutenant.
For over four decades, I have used my police training, military experience to defend those charged clients charged with crimes, including DUI , drug possession, domestic violence, and then to expunge arrest and conviction records of thousands of clients.
My Green Berets approach to defending my clients' cases has led me to thousands of court room battles in my state and 23 other states. I am a founding Regent of the National College for DUI Defense (NCDD.com), serving as its Dean is 2001. I am Mississippi's only ABA Board-Certified DUI Trial lawyer. As a NCDD Fellow i continue to present at the summer and winter programs.
In 2019, at the Summer Session conducted at Harvard University, I received the Erwin-Taylor Award, noting a lifetime achievement to the NCDD and bestowed thirteen times in the college's twenty five year history.
I have been selected to Super Lawyers through 2020.I enjoy an AVVO 10 rating, and have a Martindale-Hubbell "av" (highest) and their preeminent rating.
I was the original author of Mississippi DUI Law and Practice and Mississippi Criminal Law Practice Forms (both are Thompson/West Publications) and am now joined by Kevin Stewart and Lance Mixon in updating these treatises for more than a decade.
I have recently undertaken the development of an additional treatise to address Criminal Law in Mississippi.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- DUI & DWI
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Hit and Run
- Driver License Suspension
- Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- Theft Crimes
- Whistleblower Claims
- Weapons charge
- Qui Tam Litigation
- Juvenile Crime
Virtual or in person meetings available After the initial free consultation, additional time requires a fee, which will be put in writing. Potential clients with criminal defense cases are provided a FREE lawyer consultation, as do personal injury cases. This can be a virtual meeting on DUO, Facetime, ZOOM, GoToMeeting or other video conferencing tool.
- Credit Cards Accepted
It is illegal to charge criminal fees on a contingency, but on our personal injury cases, our attorneys in Mississippi do charge our fees on a contingency basis.
- The Mississippi Bar
- English: Spoken, Written
- Senior Partner
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A.
- - Current
- I have always been a private attorney in MS, and never a prosecutor.
- Mississippi College School of Law
- J.D. (1980) | Law
- Mississippi State University
- B.A. (1965) | Criminology
- The Irwin-Taylor Award.
- National College for DUI Defense
- The National College for DUI Defense twenty five years ago by ten founding Regents to provide the highest quality training for DUI Lawyers around the country. There are now over two thousand members nationwide and in Canada. The award is bestowed at the direction of the current Board of Regents to the Lawyer who has contributed the most to the college and to the Driving under the Influence law practice. The Irwin-Taylor designation has been awarded twelve times previously during the twenty five year history and this was the thirteenth such designation.
- Inaugural Class for Mississippi Leaders in lLaw
- Mississippi Business Journal
- The Mississippi Business polled the legal profession to publish the first class of Lawyers who have demonstrated their leadership in various sections of the legal practice. This award is given yearly to other Lawyers demonstrating leadership in their area of Law.
- Mississippi State Bar
- Mississippi DUI Law and Practice
- Witness Preparation and Examination for DUI Proceedings
- Aspatore Books a division of Thompson/west Books
- NCDD (the National College of DUI Defense), Summer Session, Cambridge MA
- DUI Legal seminar
- Board certified as a DUI Trial Lawyer
- American Bar Association
- Vic Carmody's Website Profile
- Vic Carmody Jr., P.A. Website
- Mississippi Criminal Law Blog
Thank you for watching our video. Contact one of our nationally acclaimed lawyers here; Our Sandy Springs MAIN OFFICE 5590 Roswell Road Suite 210 Sandy Springs, GA 30342 Phone: 800-462-8222 (1-800-GO-BUBBA) Email: email@example.com _ How to BEAT a...
- Q. In MS, does each individual criminal charge come with a different case number? such as 20-20-###.
- A: An indictment can have multiple counts (charges) listed under the same cause number. For example, at the top will be the cause number (Cause No 2020-1234) and below will be each charge (Count I - Felon in Possession of a Firearm, Count II - Possession of Controlled Substance, etc.) Each count will outline the law and the facts and circumstances alleging the violation. For more information, please contact an attorney to further discuss this matter in more datails.
- Q. What is the law concerning I left my car on side of the road overnight and sheriff department had it towed
- A: Depending upon the location of the vehicle, this abandoned vehicle may have been a traffic hazard. This would permit a police officer to clear a potential accident hazard from the shoulder of the road. Most wait 12 hours or more.
- Q. The officer who arrested me for dwi was arrested himself for dwi with a crash that nearly killed woman what can i do?
- A: Your arrest was not part of the same incident as his later DWI arrest in New Hampshire. You need a well-connected attorney in your state to look at all the facts of YOUR case. The only likely benefit from the arresting officer's pending DWI is that he may be terminated as a law enforcement officer and not be available to act as the necessary witness to your DUI-DWI crime. I suggest you contact DWI lawyer Ryan Russman, 603-772-3433, and tell him that Vic Carmody from Jackson MS sent you.
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.