Free Consultation: (770) 461-2025Tap to Call This Lawyer
P. Justin Thrailkill

P. Justin Thrailkill

Brown, Barbour, & Thrailkill, P.C.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Juvenile Law...
  • Georgia
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Justin devotes his practice primarily to the areas of divorce, custody, and parental advocacy in DFCS matters. As an advocate for the rights of parents, Justin has realized his lifelong passion for helping others in their time of need. Through seven years of practice, Justin has represented a variety of clients in various matters throughout our legal system. He finds great satisfaction in seeing his client’s cases through to a successful resolution, regardless of the challenges that may exist with any particular case. Among his peers, Justin is well known to be a compassionate advocate for his clients, because he firmly believes in the mantra that one should treat others as they wish to be treated. As a father himself, Justin is particularly passionate about the rights of parents, and the protection of those rights. No matter how tough, how unpopular, or how challenging the case, Justin is eager to defend your fundamental right to raise your children.

Prior to forming Brown, Barbour, & Thrailkill, P.C., Justin was an associate in this Firm’s predecessor, Miller & Brown, P.C. and a summer associate at the Law Office of John B. Miller, LLC.

Outside of his practice, Justin enjoys spending time with his wife, Jennifer, and his daughter, Madison. He is active in his home church, Stockbridge First United Methodist Church, where he has served in various leadership positions. When Justin is not advocating for you, he is cheering for his alma mater, the Georgia Bulldogs, with his family and friends

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Probate
  • Criminal Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Brown, Barbour, & Thrailkill, P.C.
- Current
Miller & Brown, P.C.
Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
J.D. (2009) | Law
University System of Georgia - University of Georgia
B.A. (2004) | Political Science
Honors: Hope Scholarship, Rusty Stalnaker Memorial Scholarship
Professional Associations
State Bar of Georgia
- Current
Fayette County Bar Association
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Basic Uncontested Divorces, Uncontested Child Custody Actions, and General Self Representation, Griffin Circuit Family Law Workshop, Fayetteville Library, Fayetteville, GA
Brown, Barbour, & Thrailkill, P.C.
Websites & Blogs
Brown, Barbour, & Thrailkill, P.C.
Legal Answers
894 Questions Answered

Q. what form do i use to petition the juvenile court for a hearing to dismiss a temporary custody order?
A: There isn't a form. Attorney's and pro se litigants are expected to draft their own pleadings. If you don't know how to do that, you should retain counsel that does.
Q. Georgia Law question: if a restraining order is obtained for a minor against someone (no third party contact included),
A: Your fact pattern is confusing. By "served person" are you meaning the protected party? Is the protected party an adult? You need to sit down with counsel for a consultation and explain this situation in more detail.
Q. Proven sobriety. 8 months. Worked with counselor. When should they come home? I violeted a court order let dad see them
A: This sounds like it has less to do with your sobriety than it does about your ability to follow court orders. Talk to counsel about where you need to go from here to defend this.
Q. Hey u have a couple questions about my dfc case ?
A: I don't, but it sounds like you do. I'd encourage you to speak with counsel about your questions.
Q. Do I have to have a lawyer to terminate child support when my child turns 18? She dropped out of school. I am the NCP.
A: Not necessarily, but it is not as easy as just stopping payments. You need to get a declaratory judgment noting that child support will be stopped because the child is no longer in school. If you don't know how to do this on your own, I'd suggest hiring a lawyer.
Q. If I have a DNA test proving my son is mine, and I’m legitimized how do I go about getting custody to my son?
A: Custody will be addressed inside of the legitimation action. A positive DNA test alone is not enough to legitimize you. You still need to file a legitimation action and ask the Court to award you custody and visitation and to address support.
Q. What is the best child visitation schedule?
A: That's like asking what is the best type of ice cream. It's a matter of personal preference and what works for your family.
Q. Can I get justice for being groomed
A: Report this to the police and let them handle it.
Q. Can Child S. Agency make a father continue paying Child Support past age 18 even if child is still in High School.
A: Their job is to enforce it. They can modify it if requested to, but they would've served you with notice if this was to happen. Most orders would say support is paid until the child graduates from high school, but there are exceptions. You need to speak with counsel about representation if you cannot get them to stop it and the order says it is to stop.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Fayetteville Office
465 N. Jeff Davis Dr.
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Telephone: (770) 461-2025
Fax: (770) 461-2026
Kennesaw Office
125 Townpark Drive
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Telephone: (770) 461-2025
Fax: (770) 461-2026