Free Consultation: (727) 844-0102Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kenneth L Foote

Kenneth L Foote

K. L. Foote, P.A.
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, DUI & DWI...
  • Florida
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Kenneth L. Foote is a former Florida criminal prosecutor and New York City police officer with the auxiliary division. His prior experience as a Florida prosecutor is a benefit to all his clients. Whenever someone is accused of a crime, they are innocent until proven guilty. When we represent clients in criminal defense matters, we ensure the police follow all rules guaranteed under the law and that prosecutors prove their case beyond (and to the exclusion of) EVERY reasonable doubt. Kenneth Foote also focuses his practice on Divorce and Family Law. Whether you are seeking representation for Divorce, Child Support, Custody Issues or Post Divorce proceedings, Attorney Foote provides aggressive representation to protect your rights. With every legal matter, our legal team takes a detail-oriented, stone-turning approach. We take this detailed approach because in many cases the outcome could turn on one particular detail. This means that we will gather every piece of evidence, interview all possible witness, file every available motion, and explore all available legal avenues to help you achieve the best outcome possible.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Domestic Violence
Additional Practice Areas
  • Protecting Your Children
  • Protecting Your Assets
  • Protecting Your Interests
  • Protecting Your Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Greek: Spoken
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
K. L. Foote, P.A.
- Current
Providing legal services to Tampa Bay in the areas of Criminal Defense, Divorce and Family Law.
Criminal Prosecutor
State Attorney's Office
Criminal Prosecutor in Pinellas-Pasco Counties prosecuting major felony cases.
Stetson University College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
St. John's University School of Law
B.S. (1997) | International Criminal Justice
Professional Associations
Florida State Bar # 285330
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. Have a petty theft going to trial third one what am i looking at realistically as to the outcome of this
A: Every case is different depending on the facts of your specific case. If you are charged with a Petit theft, your maximum exposire is one year in the county jail and a $1,000. fine. Florida allows for enhancement of petit theft charges to a felony if you have prior petit thefts. If you are represented by an attorney you should consult with him/her regarding your specific case. If you do not have an attorney, you should have representation prior to any trial.
Q. Can I divorce on grounds of abandonment?
A: Unlike other states, Florida is a "no fault" state when it comes to divorce, meaning courts don't require a reason to grant the divorce such as adultery or abandonment. The standard to grant a divorce is "the marriage is irretrievably broken." Therefore after consideration and attempts to reconcile, if a party desires a divorce, a petition for dissolution is filed with the appropriate court.
Q. Is it possible to have my probation terminated early without paying court fees?
A: Motions for early termination of probation may be granted by the court under several scenarios. The most common is termination at the halfway point of probation. Probation may also be terminated early upon completion of all conditions of probation. It should be noted that each county, and each judge within that county have different views on when probation should be terminated early. Unless there is a financial crisis, many courts will require that court fees be paid prior to granting a motion for early termination.
Q. Which motion to file after receiving failure to appear and warrant?
A: Motion to withdraw warrant or capias should be filed with the appropriate court.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Tampa Bay
6521 Ridge Rd
Suite 4
Port Richey, FL 34668
Telephone: (727) 844-0102
Fax: (727) 844-0106