Free Consultation: (480) 210-2601Tap to Call This Lawyer
Scott E Beemer

Scott E Beemer

The Firm of Beemer, Beemer & Associates, P.A.
  • Native American Law, Arbitration & Mediation, Bankruptcy...
  • Equal Employment Opportunity Commissin, US Merit Systems Protection Board
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I currently practice before the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB), National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Department of Labor, Office of Worker's Compensation Program (DOL/OWCP) Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Additionally, being part American Indian (Shawnee) and a member of the Kispoko Sept of Ohio Shawnee and the National Native American Bar Association, I represent individuals in tribal courts and justice systems that are components of the sovereign tribal government(s). Tribal courts and justice systems are critical components of the tribal government. They are empowered to resolve conflict and controversy. Native people practiced various forms of meaningful and productive conflict and dispute resolution.

Heavy court caseloads and rising legal costs have prompted many people to settle their legal disputes outside the courtroom through a process known as alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Mediators, also known as arbitrators and conciliators, guide the ADR process and help resolve conflicts between disputing parties. We facilitate negotiations and settlements as mediators between disputing parties by providing direction and encouragement, working collaboratively with the parties and finding creative ways to reach a mutual solution.

Practice Areas
  • Native American Law
  • Arbitration & Mediation
  • Bankruptcy
  • Divorce
  • Employment Law
  • Family Law
  • Intellectual Property
  • Civil Rights
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Patents
  • Trademarks
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Social Security Disability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Equal Employment Opportunity Commissin
US Merit Systems Protection Board
Ak-Chin Tribal Court
Federal Circuit
Pasqua Yaqui Tribal Court
Yavapai-Apache Tribal Court
  • Algonquin: Spoken, Written
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
The Firm of Beemer, Beemer & Associates, P.A.
- Current
Penn-Foster College
- present
Ashworth College
Certification (2016) | Civil Litigation
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
American College of Law
J.D. (2002) | Law
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
LaSalle University
B.S. (1997) | Law Enforcement Management
Honors: Cum Laude
Professional Associations
American Bar Association # 03119491
- Current
National Arbitration and Mediation
- Current
Pascua Yaqui Tribal Court # 10318
- Current
Arizona Association for Conflict Resolution # 243
- Current
Websites & Blogs
The Firm of Beemer, Beemer & Associates, P.A.
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. I'm an American Indian born in Canada trying to obtain a Permanent Resident Card to live and work in the United States.
A: Hello, American Indians born in Canada (with at least 50% American Indian blood) cannot be denied admission to the United States. However, a record of admission for permanent residence will be created if an American Indian born in Canada wishes to reside permanently in the United States. If you live outside the United States and are seeking to enter the United States, you must tell the Customs and Border Protection officer that you are an American Indian born in Canada and provide documentation to support your claim. You must also state that you are seeking to enter to reside permanently in the United States. If you live in the United States and are an American Indian who is born in Canada and who possesses at least 50% American Indian blood, you may obtain a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) by requesting a creation of record. eligible to receive a Green Card (permanent residence) as an American Indian born in Canada if you: Have 50% or more of blood of the American Indian race Were born in Canada You must have proof of this ancestry based on your familial blood relationship to parents, grandparents, and/or great-grand parents who are or were registered members of a recognized Canadian Indian Band or U.S. Indian tribe. You cannot apply for permanent residence if your tribal membership comes through marriage or adoption. You must schedule an Infopass appointment and appear in person at your local USCIS office. You do not have to fill out an application form or pay a fee to request a creation of record. Bring the following to your appointment: Two passport-style photos Copy of government issued photo identification Copy of your long form Canadian birth certificate (the long form Canadian birth certificate of parents is necessary to establish lineage to claimed tribal ancestors, as well as birth in Canada) Documentation to establish membership, past or present, in each Band or tribe for yourself and every lineal ancestor (parents and grandparents) through whom you have derived the required percentage of American Indian blood. This documentation must come from the official tribal government or from Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) If you do not have documentation establishing your past or present membership in each Band or tribe for yourself and every lineal ancestor from the official tribal government, you may bring: Documentation from the Canadian or United States Government Original Letter of Ancestry issued by INAC Please note: All documentation submitted for consideration and submission into the record must be in the form of clear legible photocopies of the originals. Documentation or information in any language other than English must be accompanied by a full English translation. Letters or identification cards issued by Metis associations or other third parties, by themselves, cannot definitively establish your American Indian blood percentage in reference to a specific Canadian Indian Band or U.S. Indian tribe. The Band is the fundamental legal unit of tribal organization for Canadian Indian tribes. Your documentation should clearly indicate which Canadian Indian Band(s) or U.S. Indian tribe(s) with which you or your lineal ancestor(s) are or were affiliated.
Q. Can a judge accept a finding of fact from one party and deny the same finding of fact from another party?
A: Hello, Unfortunately, you have stated you are represented by counsel and it would therefore be unethical to comment as per ABA Rule 4.2.
Q. Acoma Pueblo is a sovereign nation. So cyfd and Acoma Pueblo are Collaborated and cyfd took custody of my children. But
A: Hello, I am sorry to hear of your situation. Dealing with a State Agency on Tribal Lands can be a complex situation. Today many tribes have entered into Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA) with the Children, Youth and Families Department (CYFD) of the State as it pertains to the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA). As a result of the July 2015 Tribal State Leaders Summit in New Mexico, CYFD begin the process of communication and collaboration with the following tribes: Pueblo and Apache Tribes relative to the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA), Juvenile Justice Services IGA and Title IV-E Foster Care and Adoption Maintenance Agreements: Pueblo of Acoma, Pueblo of Cochiti, Pueblo of Jemez, Pueblo of Laguna, Pueblo of Nambe, Pueblo of Santa Clara, Pueblo of Tesuque and Pueblo of Zuni. It appears at this juncture (without knowing all the particulars of the situation), or whether there were emergent circumstances that warranted the CYFD action(s) but the State and Tribe are arguing jurisdiction and the best interest of the children which is not uncommon in these State-Tribal agreements (IGA). I hope this helped to clarify the State-Tribal agreement intervention but if you need further assistance please contact my office or an attorney that is knowledgeable of the ICWA and the Tribal Justice System.
Q. Is the removal of the indians from their land legal or illegal based on their agreements
A: Hello, Unfortunately, this is an overly broad question to answer. There is much more information needed to accurately address your inquiry. Which Nation, tribe and agreement (i.e. Indian Removal Act of 1830 by President Andrew Jackson and the Five Nations)? What era (Presidents Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln opposed)? Past or present (Original lands or Tribal/Trust lands today)? Note: Many thought (i.e. Davy Crockett, etc.) that the Indian Removal Act was unconstitutional but President Jackson eventually forced the Act (Trail of Tears). Thank you, Scott
Q. Ok my children got taken away from us by CYFD. And we live on reservation right. So so who takes jurisdiction?
A: Hello, I am sorry to hear of your situation. In New Mexico the following tribes have agreements with CYFD: Mescalero Apache Navajo Nation Pueblo of Jemez Pueblo of Tesuque Therefore, if you are a member of these tribes CYFD will have jurisdiction under ICWA and CYFD Agreement. In reference to following procedures, I do not know the particulars of the case or whether there were emergent circumstances that warranted the CYFD action(s) in order to give an educated answer to the posed question.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
The Firm of Beemer, Beemer & Associates, P.A.
2705 S. Alma School Road
Suite 2
Chandler, AZ 85286
Telephone: (480) 210-2601
Fax: (480) 210-2602