Sara R. Ellis graduated from the University of Tennessee College of Law in 2011. She earned her undergraduate degree from Middle Tennessee State University, where she graduated magna cum laude.
Sara served as a Judicial Clerk for Chancellor Carol L. McCoy in Davidson County Chancery Court as a Judicial Clerk for Chancellors John F. Weaver, Daryl R. Fansler, and Michael W. Moyers, in Knox County Chancery Court. Prior to joining Pepper Law, PLC, Sara worked for King & Ballow.
Sara was on the Editorial Board of the Tennessee Law Review. She was also an editor for Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law, authored Copyrighting Couture: An Examination of Fashion Design Protection and Why the DPPA and IDPPPA are a Step Towards the Solution to Counterfeit Chic, 78 Tenn. L. Rev. 163 (2010) and co-authored Article V Constitutional Conventions: A Primer, 78 Tenn. L. Rev. 663 (2011). Sara was also a member of The Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court Team and the Moot Court Board.
Sara received the Merchant & Gould Excellence in Intellectual Property Award and awards for Excellence in Legal Process, Administrative Law, and Law, Science and Technology. While in law school, she served as the Student Bar Association president, and is now a member of the Alumni Council for the University of Tennessee College of Law.
Sara’s civil litigation, trial and appellate practice includes business and commercial litigation, real estate litigation, probate and trust litigation, and intellectual property litigation.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Senior Associate
- Miller Legal Partners PLLC
- - Current
- Pepper Law, PLC
- Intellectual Property and Entertainment Associate
- King & Ballow
- Judicial Law Clerk to Chancellors John F. Weaver, Daryl R. Fansler, & Michael W. Moyers
- Knox County Chancery Court
- Law Clerk
- Larry D. Perry, Attorney at Law
- Judicial Law Clerk to Chancellor Carol L. McCoy
- Davidson County Chancery Court
- Legal Assistant
- Whitesell Law Offices
- University of Tennessee College of Law
- • Dean’s List (High Honors, Fall 2010; Honors, Fall 2009) • Tennessee Law Review, Research Editor, Editorial Board 2010-2011, Second Year Editor 2009-2010. 2011 Jerry J. Phillips Comment Award, Silver Pen Award for Best Casenote, Red Ink Award for Excellence in Editing, and Outstanding Research Notebook Award • Transactions: The Tennessee Journal of Business Law, Third Year Editor 2010-2011, Second Year Editor 2009-2010 • 2011 Merchant & Gould Excellence in Intellectual Property Award • Saul Lefkowitz Trademark Moot Court Team, 2009-2011 • Moot Court Board, 2009-2011 • Awards for Excellence (top grade) in Legal Process II (legal writing), Administrative Law, and Law, Science, & Technology • Student Bar Association, President • Dean's Advisory Counsel, Hooding Committee, Class Gift Committee, American Inns of Court, Phi Alpha Delta
- Middle Tennessee State University
- Alumni Council for the University of Tennessee College of Law
- Article V Constitutional Conventions: A Primer, 78 TENN. L. REV. 663 (2011)
- Copyrighting Couture: An Examination of Fashion Design Protection and Why the DPPA and IDPPPA are a Step Towards the Solution to Counterfeit Chic, 78 TENN. L. REV. 163 (2010)
- Sara R. Ellis' Website Profile
- Pepper Law, PLC Website
- Tennessee Business Litigation Lawyers Blog
- Tennessee Business Court Pierces Veil of Limited Partnership in Case of First Impression
9 April 2019
- What Amounts to a Trade Secret Under the Tennessee Uniform Trade Secrets Act?
1 April 2019
- Tennessee Eminent Domain Cases: A Potential Zoning Change as Increasing Value for the Land Owner
9 February 2019
- Summary Judgment Reversed in Case Against Agent for Failure to Procure Adequate Insurance
3 February 2019
- Tennessee Construction Cases: Claims and Defenses Based on Untimely Completion
8 January 2019
- Tennessee Trial Court Reversed for Re-Writing Contract
18 December 2018
- Judicial Expulsion of an LLC Member under Tennessee Law
4 November 2018
- Tennessee Non-Competition Agreements: The Argument that a Salesperson Has Become the “Face of the Company”
21 October 2018
- Significant New Case on Confidential Relationships in Tennessee Will Contest Cases
23 September 2018