Free Consultation: (303) 627-7777
Offers Video Conferencing
Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr.  H. Michael Steinberg

Mr. H. Michael Steinberg

Law Office of H. Michael Steinberg
  • Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, DUI & DWI ...
  • Colorado
Review This Lawyer
Client Reviews
R. W. February 3, 2021
Thank you Mr. Steinberg. Having been erroneously accused of multiple criminal misdemeanors, my research led me to hire Mr. Steinberg. And, Mr. Steinberg leveraged his decades of experience in my defense. I ended the year with an unexpected present - the DA asked that the case be dismissed. I only wish they had listened to Mr Steinberg months earlier. But, case dismissed. Thank you Mr. Steinberg. RW
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ALII PlatinumBlawg SearchSocial Media

Former Career Senior Deputy District Attorney - Prosecutor for Arapahoe and Douglas Counties, the largest jurisdiction in Colorado. 13 years as a Colorado Arapahoe - Douglas County Senior Career Trial District Attorney - the last 22 years as a Colorado Criminal Defense Lawyer. I have specialized in Colorado Criminal Law for over 35 years. I have been in a courtroom nearly every one of those days - almost every single day.

I have handled tens of thousands of cases over the last three plus decades and I love what I do. Whether you need a heart surgeon, an excellent mechanic, or a criminal defense lawyer in Colorado - there is no substitute for a lifetime of experience. None.

I now put my life's experience to work for my clients who are charged in the Colorado Criminal Courts... Please page me 24-7 at 303-543-4433 - or in emergencies - my cell...

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
    DUI & DWI
    Juvenile Law
    White Collar Crime
Additional Practice Area
  • Constitutional Law
Video Conferencing
  • Skype
  • Zoom
  • WebEx
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Typically a flat fee based on Colorado averages for similar criminal defense - reasonable and fair fee structure.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Owner - Lawyer
Law Office of H. Michael Steinberg
H. Michael Steinberg has been a Colorado criminal law specialist attorney for 30 years (as of 2012). For the first 13 years of his career, he was an Arapahoe - Douglas County District Attorney Senior prosecutor. In 1999 he formed his own law firm for the defense of Colorado criminal cases. In addition to handling tens of thousands of cases in the criminal trial courts of Colorado, he has written hundreds of articles regarding the practice of Colorado criminal law and frequently provides legal analysis on radio and television, appearing on the Fox News Channel, CNN and Various National and Local Newspapers and Radio Stations. Please call him at your convenience at 720-220-2277.
Assistant Attorney General
State of Colorado, Criminal Enforcement Section
Deputy District Attorney
Arapahoe Douglas County District Attorney's Office
University of Oregon School of Law
J.D. (1982) | Law
Honors: Graduated Top 10% of the class
University of Oregon School of Law Logo
University of Massachusetts - Amherst
B.A. (1978) | Legal Studies
Honors: Graduated With Honors - cum laude 3.75 GPA
University of Massachusetts - Amherst Logo
Best DUI Lawyers in Denver
Martindale-Hubbell Lawyers Service
Peer Rated for High Professional Achievement. Selected: 2020-2021
Better Business Bureau
Selected: 2020-2021
Super Lawyer
Super Lawyers
Selected To Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2021
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
The National Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations
Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Arapahoe County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Colorado State Bar  # 12943
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Ongoing instuctor Constitutional Law, Search and Seizure, Report Writing snd Courtroom Testimony, Adjunct Lecturer to Colorado Sheriff POST Academy.
Websites & Blogs
H. Michael Steinberg's Website Profile
Law Office of H. Michael Steinberg Website
Colorado Criminal Lawyer Blog
Legal Answers
77 Questions Answered
Q. Will only a written statement hold up in the preliminary hearing if the alleged victim doesn't show up?
A: The alleged victim almost never testifies at a Preliminary Hearing. The district attorney almost always calls one maybe two witnesses, usually the Detective who filed the case and one of the original responding police officers. The testimony consists primarily of a review of the investigation and the statements of witnesses. The rules of evidence are greatly relaxed and hearsay testimony is permitted. To answer your question - a written statement of the alleged victim is admissible at a "prelim"- but not at trial. The witness is required to testify at trial. Here is an article that may help. Best
Q. Do i need a lawyer everytime iam in front of the judge
A: The quick answer is no - depending on the case the judge will always give you an opportunity to locate and retain a lawyer or to apply for a public defender (free court appointed lawyer) if you qualify. Colorado judges are well known for their compassion and understanding and their patience, especially in these difficult times, to find appropriate legal representation. Best HMS
Q. What do i need to if i get called by a detective in a case about myself?
A: This is a question that is asked often - NEVER EVER EVER call the Detective back without consulting with a criminal defense lawyer. If the officer reaches you - tell him or her you want a lawyer and will have the lawyer call that officer back after you have had a consultation. Don't even ask what the matter is about - it may cause you to start a conversation that may introduce facts that will later be used against you in a criminal case. This approach will feel clearly unnatural to you and counter intuitive - but it is critical that you protect yourself from your own need to "tell your side of the story." Trust me.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Office of H. Michael Steinberg
8400 E Crescent Pkwy #600
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Telephone: (303) 627-7777
Cell: (720) 220-2277
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.