I am a full-time criminal lawyer. That means I don't have a personal injury or divorce practice on the side. It takes all my time to know the details of criminal law better than anyone else. I get better results than other attorneys because I work harder and care more. I am the one who travels to the courthouse to track down the DA who won't call me back. I am the one who subpoenas records of government agencies just in case there is helpful evidence. I am the one who meets personally with every one of our witnesses before trial. I am the one who makes it a point to go see a crime scene personally. I remember a trial where the DA and police investigator did not come to the crime scene - ever. I ran circles around them because they did not know what you could see from a particular location in the house's back yard. We won that important sex case because I was more prepared than the DA and the police. In a recent sexual assault on a child case, I opposed two senior DAs and a police investigator during the whole trial. Be sure and visit our "Case Results" page before leaving our site. I've fought against the government for eighteen years. Experience makes me better.
Come in and meet me to see if you agree that I am the best to handle your case. At the very least, you will learn new ideas for your defense (you can never have enough of these), and you will learn details about the court process.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Free Consultation
I provide a free consultation to potential clients, so they have a chance to meet me and I have a chance to meet them. This is an introduction to the criminal court process, and a discussion of the charges. It does not include a complete analysis of their case, nor a review of police reports, since this is what we get hired to do.
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept all major credit cards
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I really enjoy talking with people about options for resolving their case. There is a tremendous amount of information which the accused need to know, so things don't get worse. For example, you can never help your case by talking to police. They are not neutral and are not your friend. They will act nice in order to keep you talking. Everything they ask you is with an eye toward convicting you. Don't be fooled - you are not smarter than they are.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founder and Attorney
- O'Malley Law Office, P.C., Denver
- - Current
- Civil and Criminal Lawyer for 10 years, only criminal work since 2002. Significant trial work in the area of criminal defense, with special emphasis on sex crimes defense.
- Decker Law Firm - Denver
- Attorney for law firm, working on both civil and criminal cases; trial attorney
- Legal Intern
- El Paso District Attorney's Office, Colorado Springs
- Worked as an intern in county court, offering plea bargains for a high volume District Attorney's Office
- Judicial Law Clerk
- Johnson County District Court, Olathe, Kansas
- Worked on civil and criminal cases, doing research and writing opinions for judges
- University of Kansas School of Law
- Colorado State University
- B.S. (1983) | Finance
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- - Current
- Christian Legal Society, National and Denver Chapter
- Board Member
- - Current
- Presenter, Colorado Criminal Defense Board, Greenwood Village
- Colorado Criminal Defense Board
- Presentation to attorneys from across Colorado on Sexual Assault Crime Defense
- Presenter, Christian Legal Society National Conference, Colorado Springs
- Christian Legal Society - National
- Presentation to attorneys from across the U.S.
- Colorado Criminal Defense Lawyers Blog
- Man Attempts to Sexually Assault His 63 Year-Old UBER Driver in Colorado Springs
18 September 2018
- Consensual Sex Can be Charged as a Sex Offense When Juveniles are Involved in Denver, Colorado
12 September 2018
- Sexual Exploitation of a Child | Denver Criminal Defense Attorney
10 September 2018
- Understanding Indeterminate Sentencing in Denver, Colorado
4 September 2018
- Arapahoe County Invasion of Privacy for Sexual Gratification Attorney Sex Offense Sentencing Ends with an Assault Charge
31 August 2018
- Denver Abuse of a Corpse Attorney Sex Assault on a Dead Person?
28 August 2018
- Animal Cruelty Attorney in Denver Is Having Sex with an Animal Considered a Sex Offense?
24 August 2018
- Sex Offenses and Polygraph Testing in Denver How Polygraphs Work Pre and Post Conviction
21 August 2018
- Denver Sexual Exploitation of a Child Lawyer How the State Uses the Federal Government on Child Porn Cases
17 August 2018
The Castle Rock criminal defense lawyers at the O'Malley Law Office opened a new office in Castle Rock, Colorado. Come visit us if you've been charged or arrested with a crime.Pretext Calls in Sexual Assault Cases | Denver Criminal Defense Attorney
Denver criminal defense lawyer Terry O'Malley discusses pretext calls in sex crime cases, such as Sexual Assault or Sexual Assault on a Child cases.