I am a full-time criminal lawyer. That means I don't have a personal injury or divorce practice on the side. It takes all my time to know the details of criminal law better than anyone else. I get better results than other attorneys because I work harder and care more. I am the one who travels to the courthouse to track down the DA who won't call me back. I am the one who subpoenas records of government agencies just in case there is helpful evidence. I am the one who meets personally with every one of our witnesses before trial. I am the one who makes it a point to go see a crime scene personally. I remember a trial where the DA and police investigator did not come to the crime scene - ever. I ran circles around them because they did not know what you could see from a particular location in the house's back yard. We won that important sex case because I was more prepared than the DA and the police. In a recent sexual assault on a child case, I opposed two senior DAs and a police investigator during the whole trial. Be sure and visit our "Case Results" page before leaving our site. I've fought against the government for eighteen years. Experience makes me better.
Come in and meet me to see if you agree that I am the best to handle your case. At the very least, you will learn new ideas for your defense (you can never have enough of these), and you will learn details about the court process.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Free Consultation
I provide a free consultation to potential clients, so they have a chance to meet me and I have a chance to meet them. This is an introduction to the criminal court process, and a discussion of the charges. It does not include a complete analysis of their case, nor a review of police reports, since this is what we get hired to do.
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept all major credit cards
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I really enjoy talking with people about options for resolving their case. There is a tremendous amount of information which the accused need to know, so things don't get worse. For example, you can never help your case by talking to police. They are not neutral and are not your friend. They will act nice in order to keep you talking. Everything they ask you is with an eye toward convicting you. Don't be fooled - you are not smarter than they are.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founder and Attorney
- O'Malley Law Office, P.C., Denver
- - Current
- Civil and Criminal Lawyer for 10 years, only criminal work since 2002. Significant trial work in the area of criminal defense, with special emphasis on sex crimes defense.
- Decker Law Firm - Denver
- Attorney for law firm, working on both civil and criminal cases; trial attorney
- Legal Intern
- El Paso District Attorney's Office, Colorado Springs
- Worked as an intern in county court, offering plea bargains for a high volume District Attorney's Office
- Judicial Law Clerk
- Johnson County District Court, Olathe, Kansas
- Worked on civil and criminal cases, doing research and writing opinions for judges
- University of Kansas School of Law
- Colorado State University
- B.S. (1983) | Finance
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- - Current
- Christian Legal Society, National and Denver Chapter
- Board Member
- - Current
- Presenter, Colorado Criminal Defense Board, Greenwood Village
- Colorado Criminal Defense Board
- Presentation to attorneys from across Colorado on Sexual Assault Crime Defense
- Presenter, Christian Legal Society National Conference, Colorado Springs
- Christian Legal Society - National
- Presentation to attorneys from across the U.S.
- Colorado Criminal Defense Lawyers Blog
- Attempted Sexual Assault on a Child Attorney in Denver When Online Communication Leads to Attempt Sexual Assault Charges
18 June 2018
- Denver DV and Sex Crimes Attorney When are Sex Crimes Charged as an Act of Domestic Violence
15 June 2018
- Internet Luring of a Child Attorney Near Me in Denver Teacher Charged for Explicit Sexting with Teen
11 June 2018
- Sexual Assault, Sexual Exploitation of a Child in Denver and Arapahoe County Crimes Resulting from Pornography Use
8 June 2018
- Complicity Attorney Near Me in Denver Complicity and Sex Crime Charges in Douglas County
5 June 2018
- Denver Invasion of Privacy for Sexual Gratification Attorney Man Pleads to Harassment and Has to Register as a Sex Offender
1 June 2018
- Forcible Sexual Assault Attorney Near Me in Denver Woman Charged for Allegedly Raping the Cable Guy
29 May 2018
- Denver Juvenile Record Expungement Lawyer: When Can a Juvenile Record Be Expunged in Douglas County?
26 May 2018
- Sexual Assault on a Child by One in a Position of Trust Attorney in Denver 22-Year-Old Teacher Arrested for Relationship with 17-Year-Old Student
22 May 2018
The Castle Rock criminal defense lawyers at the O'Malley Law Office opened a new office in Castle Rock, Colorado. Come visit us if you've been charged or arrested with a crime.Pretext Calls in Sexual Assault Cases | Denver Criminal Defense Attorney
Denver criminal defense lawyer Terry O'Malley discusses pretext calls in sex crime cases, such as Sexual Assault or Sexual Assault on a Child cases.