John Wilton joined Keches Law Group as an attorney in 2017. Attorney Wilton specializes in complex litigation and appellate practice related to tort law. He has worked on several high-profile cases in the United States Courts of Appeals for the First and Ninth Circuits, the United States District Courts for the Districts of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Oregon, as well as every level of the Massachusetts state court system.
Prior to joining Keches Law Group, Attorney Wilton acquired unique legal insight while working in the Single Justice Session of the Supreme Judicial Court. During this period, Attorney Wilton was able to learn legal analysis from the Honorable Justices Margot Botsford, Geraldine Hines, Francis Spina, and Kimberly Budd. He maintained strong ties to the Court even after leaving and was brought back to work with Chief Justice Ralph Gants on matters of special concern.
While in law school, Attorney Wilton served on the editorial board of the Suffolk University Law Review. His scholarly article, Victory Through Deceit: The Constitutional Collision Between Free Speech and Political Lies, is published in the 50th Anniversary Edition. In his final year of law school, Attorney Wilton became the first duly-authorized student-attorney to represent several amici curiae parties in matters before the Supreme Judicial Court.
Attorney Wilton enjoys helping others develop and sharpen their respective legal skills. Since graduating, Attorney Wilton has been invited to judge moot court competitions and often helps other lawyers prepare for appellate arguments.
Attorney Wilton is dedicated to promoting equitable interpretivism in tort law. He believes tort law was specifically designed to compel a fair resolution to every civil wrong. To that end, Attorney Wilton is committed to ensuring each of his clients obtain remedies commensurate to their injuries.
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
- New Hampshire
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- The Keches Law Group, P.C.
- Suffolk University
- Activities: Dean’s List (every semester) Jurisprudence Award, Environmental Law Survey (2016) Carlton Sellars Legal Writing Award (2017) Supreme Court Clinic (2017) Constitutional Law Moot Court Team (2016-2017) Journal: Suffolk University Law Review (2015-2017)
- Syracuse University
- Activities: Major: Information Studies, Concentrations in Network Security and Systems Management
- Carlton Sellars Legal Writing Award
- Suffolk University Law School
- Jurisprudence Award
- Environmental Law Survey
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Victory Through Deceit: The Constitutional Collision Between Free Speech and Political Lies
- Suffolk University Law Review, 50th Anniversary Edition
- John P. Wilton's Website Profile
- The Keches Law Group, P.C. Website
- Keches Law Group News
- Fall 2019 Keches Cares Scholarship Winner Selected
1 August 2019
- Keches Law Group Ranked as The Largest Plaintiffs-only Injury Firm in Massachusetts
24 July 2019
- Getting To Know Keches Law Group
1 July 2019
- Bruins Game with Carly from Weymouth
31 May 2019
- Keches Law Group’s Suzanne McDonough Wins $1.5 Million Jury Verdict in Fall River
2 May 2019
- Boston Calls for Lower Speed Limits to Reduce Fatal Motor Vehicle Accidents
29 April 2019
- Motor Vehicle Accident on Milton Town Line
29 April 2019
- Bird Scooters Come to Boston as a Self Insured Commodity
29 April 2019
- The GOAT rides the Keches Law Zamboni
6 February 2019