John MacDonaldLaw Office of John E. Macdonald, Inc.
- Appeals & Appellate, Arbitration & Mediation, Criminal Law ...
- Massachusetts, Rhode Island
John E. MacDonald is a trial attorney practicing criminal defense, immigration law and post-conviction relief in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Mr. MacDonald represents clients in state and federal court in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He has aggressively and successfully defended clients charged in every type of criminal case, including capital murder, child molestation, sex crimes, rape, abuse, domestic violence, spousal abuse, homicide, manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, vehicular homicide, vehicular manslaughter, sexual assault, felony assault, domestic assault, patient abuse, bank fraud, mail fraud and wire fraud. Mr. MacDonald is the author of the Rhode Island Criminal Defense Manual (3rd Edition), a top-rated manual used throughout the state by criminal defense attorneys. He is the former president of the Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. For a review of the prior criminal cases, visit: http://www.aggressivelegalservices.com/Law_Firm_Cases.html.
Mr. MacDonald represents clients seeking permanent residence and naturalization. He practices before the Providence Immigration Office and the Boston Immigration Court. For many clients facing deportation, the only recourse is post-conviction relief; that is, vacating the original conviction in state or federal court. Mr. MacDonald has successfully vacated convictions in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Mr. MacDonald is an honors graduate of Suffolk University Law School (1995) and a magna cum laude graduate of the University of Rhode Island (1990). He is admitted to practice in all state courts in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He is also admitted to practice in the United States District Courts for the Districts of Rhode Island, Massachusetts as well as the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- DUI & DWI
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Assault Crimes
- Car Accidents
- Sex Crimes
- Rhode Island
- 1st Circuit
- Larochelle & MacDonald
- - Current
- The Law Offices of John MacDonald are dedicated to the honest, effective and aggressive representation in the areas of criminal defense, family law, immigration law and post conviction relief. We appear in state and federal courts on behalf of our clients throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts. In addition, the office represents clients at the United States Immigration Courts throughout the United States. The attorneys of The Law Offices of John MacDonald have extensive and successful trial experience.
- Suffolk University Law School
- J.D. | General Law
- Honors: Honors Graduate
- University of Rhode Island
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Rhode Island State Bar
- Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Former President
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Massachusetts State Bar
- - Current
- Rhode Island Criminal Defense Manual (3rd Edition)
- State of Rhode Island
- Legal Blog
- False Sexual Assault Accusations
September 21, 2021
- Rhode Island Criminal Defense: A Practice Manual 9th Edition
February 19, 2021
- The Rhode Island Arraignment Process
December 9, 2020
Interview prior to closing argumentsAlonzo Shelton Murder Trial Defense by Atty John MacDonald
Alonzo Shelton Murder TrialRI Defense Attorney John MacDonald CNN Interview on Hatch
Rhode Island Defense Attorney John MacDonald interviewed on CNN regarding the outcome of the Richard Hatch Fraud Case.Richard Hatch's Defense Attorney Interviewed
speaks to the Early Show regarding his client's verdict, Richard Hatch.Richard
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.