James Duffy is a 2017 cum laude graduate of Suffolk University Law School, graduating with Distinction in the Trial and Appellate Advocacy Concentration.
While at Suffolk, Jim was an active member of the Suffolk Prosecutors Program, where he represented the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in the prosecution of criminal matters. In that job, he conducted legal and factual research, drafted pleadings, and regularly appeared in court to argue on behalf of the Commonwealth.
Jim also received numerous awards for his academic and advocacy achievements while in law school. He received the Distinguished Brief award and was named Best Oral Advocate in his first year of law school. Jim won the Suffolk Law student appellate competition in his second year of law school, and won the Suffolk Law student trial competitions in both his second and third years of law school. He received the James Harrington Scholarship from the Boston Inn of Courts for excellence in trial advocacy.
Jim was also a member of Suffolk Law's National Trial Team in all three years of law school. He won the New England Championship in the American Association for Justice's annual competition and the New England Championship in the National Trial Competition, beating teams from Harvard and Yale. Jim was also awarded Best Advocate at the National Trial Competition New England Championship. Jim continues his involvement with Suffolk's mock trial team as a coach.
Jim concentrates his practice in civil and criminal litigation and trials.
- Personal Injury
- Employment Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Criminal Law
- Free Consultation
- English: Spoken, Written
- KJC Law Firm, LLC
- Suffolk University Law School
- State Bar of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- - Current
- American Association of Justice
- - Current
- James W. Duffy's Website Profile
- KJC Law Firm Website
- Massachusetts Injury Lawyer Blog
- Attorney Duggan secures acquittal for client
21 December 2017
- KJC Law Firm at the Forefront of Legal Developments in Breathalyzer Refusal Jury Instructions
21 February 2017
- Can Massachusetts Prohibit Non-Citizens from becoming Lawyers?
10 February 2017
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court set to Decide Whether Dookhan Defendants get a “Global Remedy”
20 December 2016
- “Tis the Season To Be Careful: The Toy You Just Purchased May Be Dangerous
8 December 2016
- Mass Appeals Court Upholds G.L. c. 93A Violation for Unfair Claim Settlement Practices in Partial-Coverage Suit
21 November 2016
- Supreme Judicial Court Hands Down Decision Making Restitution More Fair and Equitable
27 October 2016
- Legalization of Marijuana in Massachusetts?
26 September 2016
- SJC Rules that Search Warrant May Issue for Seizure of Cellphone that Aaron Hernandez Gave to His Attorneys
23 August 2016