Free Consultation: (847) 345-7494Tap to Call This Lawyer
David Nachman Byer

David Nachman Byer

  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law
  • California, Illinois
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&A

Ivy league educated solo family law practitioner with over a decade serving entire Chicagoland region with excellent legal advice and representation. Call today. (847) 345-7494.

Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Skype
  • WhatsApp
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Univ of Chicago
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Univ of Pennsylvania LS
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Illinois  # 6291146
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 237406
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. if the parents were never married and theres no court order but he's on the birth certificate who makes major decisions?
A: If your former partner is on the birth certificate he is legally presumed in the absence of a challenge to be the child’s father. You both have a theoretical right of equal status to choose how to parent (such as deciding what times the child will be with which of you and the making of any decision related to your child’s education). If you were married and getting divorced the Domestic Relations judge in your case would have you and he come to agreement as to all specifics about parenting this child or would conduct a formal process such as a hearing or trial where he or she would hear from both sides and make his or her own decisions about future parenting instead. Because you are not married you have not had a reason (until now) to present to the Court for negotiation or a judge’s ruling(s). If you can’t work things out, you need to go to Court to get this formally decided. You may want to file a petition with your local Court’s Domestic Relations division to set begin the official process that may be necessary if you can’t agree with the father. ... Read More
Q. Is there a way i can drop charges for a domestic battery case against my mother?
A: You can try to persuade the particular State’s Attorney’s office involved that it’s best not to prosecute, but once the process has passed the charging stage, they don’t have to drop the case just because you want them to. The State’s Attorneys have an obligation to the public to investigate and prosecute crime brought to their attention and aren’t bound to stop doing their work just because a witness or victim has second thoughts. While you cannot be jailed for refusing to testify against your mother, you could possibly be held in contempt of court and possibly be fined.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Byer Law Office
1780 Maple St.
Suite 26
Northfield, IL 60093
Telephone: (847) 345-7494
Monday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Saturday new client consults by appointment.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.