Brian W. Reidy

Brian W. Reidy

Reidy Law Office
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Illinois
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

I have sat on the other client side of the lawyer-client table, which gives me a unique insight to the emotions that my clients experience. Divorce and child custody matters are never easy on the people involved. It is important to have a lawyer that you can trust during the most difficult time in your life. At Reidy Law Office, we believe in teaching our clients the relevant law and how it relates to the client’s specific situation. Then, we create the specific strategy for the individual client’s case. Our mission is to help people through the difficult times in their lives, and to create a starting point for a better life going forward.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Reidy Law Office
- Current
LeVine, Wittenberg, Shugan & Schatz Ltd.
Assistant States Attorney
Cook County State's Attorney
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology Logo
10 Best Client Satisfaction
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
CALI - Trial Advocacy
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Awarded to the top grade in the class
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Reidy Law Office
Legal Answers
24 Questions Answered

Q. How is real estate equity divided after a divorce if one spouse owned the house with equity prior to marriage?
A: Based on your question, there is no way to know if the house was ever transferred into both parties' names. If this situation is for you or someone you care about, there are some critical facts needed before an attorney could help you without simply guessing some critical facts. It would be worth a small investment to speak with a qualified attorney near you for some dialogue so that attorney can properly help you.
Q. How to press charges on a step parent who took a child without permission. My lawyer doesn't know how to
A: "Pressing charges" usually refers to a criminal matter and that decision belongs to your County State's Attorney. Hard to tell what happened with the facts presented, but you may need to call the police if an unauthorized person took your child. If you have an attorney, please make sure that you are on the same page with him/her. If you are not satisfied, you can seek a second opinion of the case with a local attorney. Best of luck to you.
Q. If my son's mother has been charged with a misdemeanor & her bf has also and has past charges can I get sole custody?
A: It is possible. The judge will look at the whole picture before making such a big decision.
Q. My daughter is getting a divorce. Her boyfriend gave my other daughter 5000 for a retainer for the lawyer.
A: This is a bit confusing, but legal fees in a divorce can be awarded by the court. If one side has money for a lawyer, the other side should be entitled to get a lawyer. May be best to have your daughter speak with her attorney about this and be clear where the money came from. Her attorney should be in the best position to discuss realistic outcomes.
Q. I bought my house thru the VA while married but my spouse was not included in the process. Is she entitled to any part?
A: Yes
Q. Do I have any rights to a vehicle we bought when we were married both our names We bought it with his Inheritance
A: Yes.
Q. my husband was incarcerated for 7rs and I provided for him financially, would I be able to receive any type of repayment
A: Not likely.
Q. does spouse have to be served to complete a divorce?
A: If you are speaking with him, do you know where he works or hangs out? If so, a process server with experience might be able to find him and serve him, which will save you the hassle of service by publication.
Q. If Marital Agreement Is Signed By Wife Can She Change Terms on Day Of Court
A: Yes. An agreement is not really "final" until the judge approves of the agreement and signs it. Even if the parties agree on "everything," the judge has the authority to not enter the agreement in rare cases. Without knowing more, it is hard to tell. You should each have separate lawyers. Not sure if you meant to say "our lawyer" but that was a big red flag to me. If you used the same lawyer, I suggest that you find a new lawyer and start over.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Reidy Law Office LLC
11528 W. 183rd Place
Suite NE
Orland Park, IL 60467
Telephone: (708) 580-6767