(909) 342-6229Tap to Call This Lawyer
Suzette DouglasDouglas Law Practice
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 9th Circuit
- University of Texas - Austin
- J.D. | Law
- - present
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- B.A. | English and Psychology
- State Bar of California  # 151470
Websites & Blogs
11 Questions Answered
- Q. Can you help me and my spouse file a bankruptcy
- A: I agree with my colleague that you may not need to file bankruptcy. With that said, some people who are judgment proof still desire to file in order to avoid creditor harassment. You are located in Rialto which is not too far from the Riverside bankruptcy court where a bankruptcy clinic is held. Please feel free to contact me to discuss. I wish you much success.
- Q. is chapter 13 multiple bankruptcy filing within a year or a calendar year (jan 1st -dec 31)?
- A: It is within a year of filing.
- Q. Am I liable for my wife's credit card debt? We are married and she's is going through some mental distress(bipolar?).
- A: It depends. California is a community property state. This means that debts incurred by your wife before marriage are generally hers alone unless you were a co-signor. However debts incurred during the marriage generally belong to the community which means joint responsibility. You mentioned your wife has bi-polar. Is the debt spending illness related? If so, does she need to have her medication adjusted to help curb the spending? Another suggestion is to have your wife join Debtors Anonymous. Lastly, try talking to a family law attorney about a post-nuptial agreement regarding assets and debt allocation.
Contact & Map
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.