Claimed Lawyer ProfileResponsive Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Business Law
- Intellectual Property
Additional Practice Areas
- LLC Formation
- Trade Secrets
15 Minute Information Gathering Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Most matters are handled on a flat fee basis. Pricing for the most common matters is on my website under the Pricing tab.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- State of Connecticut Judicial Branch
- ID Number: 408485
- State Bar of Georgia
- ID Number: 522766
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 1890664
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- ID Number: SB9096
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Becker Law LLC
- - Current
- • Represent freelancers, startups, and small- and medium-sized businesses in Georgia, New York, and Connecticut in connection with everything they might need during the business cycle, including helping protect the intellectual property in their idea or business concept, assisting with forming and launching their business, and drafting clear, plain-language contracts governing relationships with their employees, customers and vendors as their business matures. • Services include forming or expanding a business, reviewing, developing and negotiating contracts, registering trademarks or copyrights, and providing advice and counsel with respect to exploiting and protecting intellectual property.
- Director and Associate General Counsel
- Canon U.S.A., Inc.
- • Director and Associate General Counsel of a leading global provider of consumer. business to business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Canon USA, Inc. is a $10+ billion subsidiary of Canon Inc., a global technology and imaging equipment conglomerate with annual revenue exceeding $45 billion. • Counseled manufacturing and retail subsidiaries throughout the Americas, as well as product, sales and administrative divisions including IT, Finance and Accounting, HR, Compliance and Properties and Risk Management. • Reviewed, negotiated, structured and drafted complex commercial agreements for Canon Americas' business units. • Developed channel agreements for new product offerings to distributors, dealers, systems integrators, and VARS • including, among others, NDAs, vendor agreements, procurement agreements, sales agreements, licensing agreements and manufacturing agreements. • Developed/conducted preventative legal education training, including creation of policies/guidelines/ seminars. • Managed bankruptcy and collections function for company and United States subsidiaries. • Managed records management department for company and United States subsidiaries. • Hired, managed and supervised external counsel in connection with Company and subsidiary litigation. • Recruited and supervised staff of attorneys, support staff, and other professionals as Company's first in-house counsel. • Initiated and oversaw the implementation of matter management software to help manage the legal department's workflow and company contracts. • Served as counsel for multi-billion-dollar Computer Peripheral Products Division. • Worked closely with Canon Inc. in Japan and with global affiliates in Europe and Asia.
- General Counsel
- The Computer Factory, Inc.
- • General Counsel for NYSE national computer products retailer and franchisor • Counseled and provided strategic legal advice to company on issues concerning dealers, distribution and franchising, advertising, marketing, credit and collections, trade practices, real estate, and employment • Drafted, negotiated and reviewed complex commercial agreements, including all asset sale agreements in connection with sale of company. • Managed company litigation, outside counsel, and collections.
- Carvel Corporation
- • Advised national franchisor in the areas of franchising, trademarks, licensing, bankruptcy, antitrust, and litigation. • Conducted and oversaw state and federal commercial litigation in-house, including preparing pleadings, conducting depositions and other discovery, preparing motions and briefs, arguing motions and appeals, and supervising outside litigation counsel. • Tried local cases and served as second chair in major national commercial cases. • Reported decisions: Carvel Corp. v. Rail, 503 N.Y.S. 406 (2d Dept., 1986); Carvel Corp. v. Irvolino, 503 N.Y.S. 2d 537 (2d Dept., 1986) (cases of first impression in NY construing restrictive covenants in franchise agreements); Carvel Corp. v. Piacente, 556 N.Y.S. 2d 301 (2d Dept., 1990) • Created and administered franchise disclosure documents nationwide. • Handled franchise transfer, terminations, and real estate acquisitions, sales and leases.
- Goodhue Lange Banks & Arons
- General practice with emphasis on real estate, litigation, and municipal law.
- Pace Law School
- J.D. (1982) | Law
- Honors: Member of Editorial Board of Pace Law Review
- University of Bridgeport
- B.A. (1978) | Biology (Pre-Med)
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- State Bar of Georgia  # 522766
- American Bar Association
- Dekalb Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
- Becker Law LLC Blog
- Legal Lessons for Entrepreneurs and Small Business Owners from "The Social Network"
13 April 2020
- Should I Form an LLC?
10 March 2020
- Member-Managed vs. Manager-Managed LLCs
5 March 2020
Contact & Map