Stephen KaneSeasoned Business & Startup Attorney with Business and Startup Experience
- Business Law, Arbitration & Mediation, Employment Law ...
I have legal and business experience ranging from corporate to small business to startup. As a business owner and entrepreneur, I’ve confronted many of the same challenges my clients encounter. I can give you practical legal advice from the perspective of a lawyer who “gets” business.
Relevant Experience and Background
- Associate, O'Melveny & Myers LLP (AmLaw 100 law firm)
- In House Corporate Experience, Legal Tech Experience
- Fellow, Stanford CodeX Center for Legal Informatics
- Education: Stanford University, Stanford Law School
I started GRID110, a 501c3 partnered with the LA Mayor’s office to provide mentorship & resources to underserved entrepreneurs. Through GRID110 I’ve mentored startup founders and built a community of entrepreneurs who support each other. I also mentored business owners and founders through the LA Chamber of Commerce (Bixel Exchange) and taught startup law at General Assembly.
I founded FairClaims, a venture backed online dispute resolution platform on a mission to make the law more just & fair. Through FairClaims I’ve become an expert at dispute resolution and can help you get to the heart of conflict quickly… and work hard to resolve things quickly (or litigate when appropriate).
I enjoy working with entrepreneurs like my brother who’s owned a small business for over 30 years. I know what dinner table conversation is like when problems come up, and how important it is to have good counsel by your side. Law should work for small business as powerfully as it does for large corporations. That’s why I left corporate life to make a difference for entrepreneurs who make a difference in our communities every day. I look forward to hearing from you!
I’m based in Los Angeles (Playa Vista to be exact) but provide legal services throughout the State of California. We can meet in person (Los Angeles), by phone or video. Email email@example.com for a FREE 15 minute consultation.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Intellectual Property
- Google Meet
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
$375/hour; flat rate for some contracts and formations; discounts for new businesses
- State Bar of California
- Stanford Law School
- Stanford University
- State Bar of California  # 269579
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.