Milord A. Keshishian practices law with a focus on intellectual property rights. His training and experience includes the areas of patent, trademark, copyright, unfair competition, trade secret, and franchise law. He has extensive experience in litigating these matters, as well as counseling clients on transactions surrounding technology acquisitions and other business ventures.
Milord is experienced in pursuing intellectual property protection in the United States and internationally. He also serves as an expert witness in patent litigation matters handled by prominent law firms.
His interest in protecting intellectual property rights developed out of the respect he gained for the innovative thinking found in the fields of microbiology, immunology and cancer studies. During the pursuit of his Bachelor of Science Degrees in Biology and Political Science from UCLA, Milord witnessed the extensive time and effort that many professionals invested while developing unique approaches to scientific problems they were solving.
"The innovative methods and devices I observed during my four years of scientific research at UCLA," recalls Milord, "were often the culmination of the life work of the people involved; yet they sometimes risked having decades of their work simply taken over by others or lost if they didn't exert the proper precautions."
That struck him as distinctly unfair and a potential restraint on future creativity and financial reward. It was then that he began pursuing his law degree in order to practice intellectual property law and help protect the innovative work of creative minds. Milord received his Juris Doctorate from Pepperdine University School of Law in 1998. He also studied intellectual property law at the world renowned Franklin Pierce Law Center in New Hampshire.
Milord realized immediately that even the most brilliant people often need help obtaining the right protection for their ideas and structuring resultant business transactions.
"I remember a news piece about the inventor of in-line skates," recounts Milord, "describing how he had sold his rights to the patent and the Rollerblade company for a payment of $100,000. I knew right then that this inventor had just lost millions of dollars in licensing fees, yet all it would have taken was some guidance on approaching that transaction differently."
It was also important from the beginning that Milord & Associates provide their expertise bearing in mind the client's business goal. "Nothing is more rewarding," Milord says with satisfaction, "than resolving a big case for a client and then hear them comment on how attentive we were to their case and business objective."
Milord has representative clients ranging from large Fortune 100 companies to independent inventors.
He has lectured regularly in the area of intellectual property law at the California Manufacturing Technology Center, Small Business Development Center, and various universities. His appearances include KFWB radio, and he has authored numerous articles to educate the public on intellectual property matters.
- Intellectual Property
- Trade Secrets
- Free Consultation
- 9th Circuit
- Milord & Associates, PC.
- Pepperdine University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- California State Bar # 197835
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
- Milord A. Keshishian's Intellectual Property Website Profile
- Milord & Associates, PC. Intellectual Property Law Website
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Trademark Attorney Blog
- Fortnite Sued For Infringing Orange Shirt Kid’s Dance Moves And Slogan
12 January 2019
- Cosmos Furniture Sued For Copyright and Design Patent Infringement Again
30 August 2018
- Sugarfina Files Copyright, Trade Dress, and Patent Infringement Case Against Bouquet Bar
9 August 2018
- I’m Speaking At Bridgeport’s What Makes Jurors Tick CLE Seminar (8/10)
9 August 2018
- House of Lashes Sues Kiss Nails Products for Trademark & Copyright Infringement Over Iconic Eyelashes
8 August 2018
- Morphe Files Makeup Packaging Trade Dress and Trademark Infringement Declaratory Judgment Complaint
7 August 2018
- Copyrighted Designs On Fabric And Garments and Substantial Similarity
6 August 2018
- Protecting Charitable Organization’s Trademarks From Donor Confusion: Heroes Project
30 July 2018
- Magician Awarded Over $2.6 Million in Copyright Infringement and Contract Breach Lawsuit
25 July 2018