Let me welcome you to my profile page. First the stuff that gets Google's attention and that which appeals to people. Contact West Des Moines personal injury lawyer, Stephen D. Lombardi who has practiced civil trial litigation (personal injury lawyer-litigator, accidents, construction site injuries that include injuries resulting in death, along with workers’ compensation cases, for over 33 years. He is admitted to practice law in Iowa and Florida. Professionally Mr. Lombardi is active in the development of communication tools for trial lawyers and regularly speaks on various subjects having to do with civil trial work, ethics and the skills needed to be a successful lawyer. He was born and raised in New England and in 1975 moved to the Midwest to obtain his undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa. He graduated from the University of Iowa in 1978 with a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology. In 1981 he graduated from Drake University Law School. During law school he worked as a private investigator in a five state region of the Midwest. Working his way through law school as a PI taught essential skills for gathering and preserving evidence. After law school Mr. Lombardi chose to make Iowa his home. A choice he continues to make. Mr. Lombardi is a person driven to complete what he starts. He prides himself on telling his clients what they need to hear not what they want to hear. He doesn't believe in participation trophy awards, he believes in achievement. Participation trophies foster a defective character, winners learn from losing. He doesn't concern himself with recognition of his accomplishments, but instead focuses on winning the case, your case. While he understands losing is a part of litigation he still hates to lose. He is a lawyer that simply hates to lose. His style is to begin to size up and prepare his clients from the first conversation through the trial. All people that become his clients are important to him. After over 33 years of pra
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Animal & Dog Law
- Insurance Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- White Collar Crime
- Real Estate Law
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Interstate Highway Accidents in Iowa
- Co-Counsel with Out-of-State Referrals
- I-80, (I-35, I-380, I-29 Wrongful Death Cases
- Theft & Fraud Cases
- Electrical Burn Cases
- Burn Cases
- Quadriplegic and Paraplegic Injury Cases
- Chemical Burn Cases
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Lead Attorney
- Lombardi Law Firm
- - Current
- Mosier, Thomas, Beatty, Dutton, Braun and Staack
- Here is where I learned the business of litigation. These are some terrific lawyers.
- Drake University Law School
- J.D. | Litigation
- Law School Newspaper reporter
- University of Iowa
- B.S. (1975) | Psychology
- Activities: President, Associated Residence Halls
- Rhode Island Junior College, aka Rhode Island Community College
- A.A. (1975) | Science
- Honors: Deans List all four semesters
- Activities: Boxing
- Iowa Real Estate Commission
- - Current
- Activities: I am a licensed real estate broker and a licensed attorney.
- - Current
- Activities: I have passed all four CCIM Commercial Real Estate Investment examinations.
- Florida State Bar # 616176
- - Current
- Iowa Supreme Court
- Licensed Attorney
- - Current
- Activities: I am a licensed attorney
- Iowa Bar Association
- - Current
- Iowa Real Estate Commission
- Broker License
- Activities: I hold an Iowa commercial real estate broker's license
- American Bar Association
- The Verdict
- Roundup Exposure and non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
19 August 2019
- Insurance Claim Denials Not Always Accurate - Why You May Be Entitled to the Insurance Proceeds
6 December 2018
- Pharmacy Medication Errors Allow for Compensation to the Injured Person
7 November 2018
- Lyft, Uber, Ridesharing or Food Delivery Services - COVERAGE DENIED!
30 October 2018
- Student Athlete Exploitation
27 October 2018
- Life insurance companies may refuse to pay even if you are owed the benefits of the policy
3 September 2018
- Iowa Accident Legal Questions & Answers
19 August 2018
- Jury Verdicts Confiscated
7 August 2018
- Iowa Board of Nursing Settlement Agreements
5 August 2018
- Iowa Real Estate Lawyer
- The High Cost of Not Doing Your Due Diligence
26 April 2015
- Why you should pay for a lot line survey.
18 January 2015
- What is due diligence and why is it important to the buyers?
31 October 2014
- Why should the seller buy a home warranty for the buyer?
27 October 2014
- The buyer's agent
22 September 2014
- When you buy a home can you safely assume the bike path is permanent?
23 March 2014
- As Buyers What Are Your Duties Regarding The Iowa Residential Real Estate Disclosure Form
5 February 2014
- Iowa Residential Real Estate: What is due diligence?
27 January 2014
- Can I get sued if my agent says to simply mark ‘unknown” on the disclosure form?
13 December 2013
IBM, Professional License Issues and how to reduce your legal feesInterstate Highway Accidents in Iowa Hiring an Iowa Lawyer
Interstate Highway Accidents in Iowa Hiring an Iowa LawyerWhat is the statute of limitations in an Iowa Workers Comp c
What is the statute of limitations in an Iowa for injured workers?What is the 90 day notice in an Iowa Work Comp Claim?
What is the 90 day notice in an Iowa Work Comp Claim?Five Ways to Screw Up Your Iowa Workers Compensation Claim
Five Ways to Screw Up Your Iowa Workers Compensation Claim30 Ways to Preserve Your Iowa Wrongful Death Case
30 Ways to Preserve Your Iowa Wrongful Death CaseField Tools For Preserving Evidence in an Iowa Personal Inju
Field Tools For Preserving Evidence in a Personal Injury CaseHow to prepare for the recorded statement.
How to prepare for the recorded statement.2009.10.09.Whiteout on Mt. Elbrus Russia
Mountaineering is a really interesting twist to the practice of law and living in Iowa.2009 Bristol 4th of July Parade
Title: MY HOMETOWN! The 4th of July parade in Bristol, Rhode Island. 2009Tractor-Trailer Accident - Overview
Overview of Tractor-Trailer Accidents includes information about evidence that trucking companies may have after an accident, presented by attorney Steve Lombardi, founder of Lombardi Law Group in West Des Moines, IA. Produced by InjuryBoard.com
- Q. My husband was injured at work and is on workers cop. He has not been able to drive. Who should have to pay for a taxi?
- A: The employer and its workers' compensation insurer are responsible for transportation costs for medical appointments. They are not otherwise required to provide transportation.
- Q. I was in a car accident at a gas station and wondered if I could ask them to give me the video to review who is at fault
- A: Yes, they may or may not agree to provide the video. I do.
- Q. What should I ask for in a vehicle accident settlement?
- A: Fair compensation. You should ask for a fair amount of compensation. No more and no less. Now I know what your next question will be and no lawyer can answer that question without knowing more about the facts of your case. Lawyers gather the evidence about how the accident happened because knowing if there is comparative fault is an important and a critical point. Then the lawyers gather medical records, medical bills and then pay for medical reports in order to know about what is and what is not related to the damages. Damages include wage loss, reduced earning capacity, pain, suffering, permanent injury and more. There is no credible way to put a number on any case without first doing the work. Any lawyer who would place a number on your case without doing the work would be doing you a disservice and/or lying to you about what your case is worth. Go hire a lawyer.
- Q. Workers comp. denied surgery, what are my options now?
- A: No big surprise with them denying surgery. They are in control and control is what you want, but won't likely ever get unless you can produce another medical opinion that says you need surgery and that opinion is considered to be reasonable. It is obvious to me you need help and that means first talking to a lawyer and then deciding on whether or not to hire one. Call if we can help.
- Q. Yesterday i was leaving Walmart a lady started to reverse so we stopped walking. She then stopped so we proceeded to wa
- A: Facts are funny, it seems everyone has their own set. Many things are 'legal', but what is 'legal' isn't necessarily right. I have no idea which town or city you were in. (Jurisdiction) I have no idea what the police officer wrote in his/her report. And I have no idea what you said in front of witnesses or what witnesses will say you said. Has this ever happened to you before? Is there camera footage that Wal-Mart has available for everyone to see exactly what happened? Who know, because no one has done any investigative work to know what the 'evidence might show'. Are you guilty? No idea. Is the police officer wrong? No idea. Again, the case needs to be investigated to know an answer to your question.
- Q. Wrongful death
- A: There are multiple possible claims with this fact scenario. It appears you are asking about medical malpractice, but there could be a motor vehicle accident claim against the driver and owner. There could be a dram shop action against a bar. You need to discuss it with a lawyer. You need an autopsy. And I'm fairly certain the Iowa State Patrol investigated the fatality. Contact a lawyer. We do handle these types of cases.
- Q. injured my knee at work, fell down on ice taking trash to dumpster
- A: If you don’t follow your doctor’s advice the insurance company will argue your problems are from your own doings and therefore any disability is not something they should have to pay for. Meanwhile the employer is looking for a reason to fire you. This is what Iowa’s Republican controlled legislature unvisioned when they modified Iowa’s Workers’ Compensation Program for all injuries occurring after July 1, 2017. You’re between a rock and a hard spot with no good answers. This is what voting for the Republican legislators has done. The land mines are all around you and they just keep burying more. So what should you do? Probably follow your doctor’s advice. Get the restrictions in writing, keep a copy for yourself, give a copy to your employer and one copy to that high-prices spy they call a nurse case manager. Keep in mind I don’t know you age, general health, job sounds like a mechanic, have not read the doctor’s orders and know hardly anything about the strength of your case. Good luck!
- Q. My roommate and I have too many dogs but can we get in trouble for it?
- A: Read your lease and your town or city ordinances. There lies the answer.
- Q. how is the workers compensation commission legally defined;a branch of government or a private enterprise?
- A: A governmental agency. Administered by State laws (the Iowa Code), State agency rules (The Iowa Administrative Code) and legal precedent (meaning case law).