Stephanie Chantelle CosteStephanie Coste currently practices immigration law .
- Immigration Law
- Florida, New York
I was born and raised in Miami, Florida to a Nicaraguan mother and Dominican father. I graduated summa cum laude from Florida State University with a major in International Relations with a concentration in Political Science and minors in both Psychology and Economics. I then graduated from Fordham Law School in New York, where I represented clients detained in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba through Fordham's International Justice Clinic and served as secretary of the Latin American Law Student Association.
Upon graduating from law school, I practiced law in New York for several years defending pharmaceutical and insurance companies. Although I found the work challenging and interesting, I felt my true calling was rooted in helping others. I subsequently pursued a career in education. For seven years, I taught at both the middle and high school in high needs communities in both New York and Miami. I worked at the Miami Dade County Public School District for 3 years, coaching teachers within underprivileged communities.
After moving back to my hometown of Miami, I decided to once again pursue a legal career, but this time in an area of the law that would serve the people. I practiced immigration law at a prestigious Miami law firm assisting clients with a range of legal services like family based petitions, humanitarian deferred actions, asylums, U-Visas, and Cuban Adjustments. I then decided to begin my own firm with my partner Sophia Montz to continue to work diligently to aid immigrants in pursuing their dream in this land of opportunity.
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Work Visas
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Money orders, cash, and Zelle
- The Florida Bar
- ID Number: 1036947
- New York
- New York State Office of Court Administration
- ID Number: 4583068
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Immigration Group, LLC
- •Conducted initial consult with clients to determine best legal strategy for immigration benefits •Reviewed client documents and government documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act to determine next steps •Reviewed and revised immigration applications included but not limited to family based petitions, U-Visa, travel permits, work permits, and I-90 renewals
- Sedgwick Detert Moran & Arnold LLP
- • Prepared initial litigation reports for clients involving claimsdisability Prepared initial litigation report analyzing relevant factual and legal issues to determine litigation strategy and budget •Drafted motions for summary judgment regarding plaintiffs’ claims for long-term disability benefits pursuant to employee group benefit plan •Drafted federal court mediation statements and attended mediation in matters raising employment discrimination and long-term disability claims •Argued motion to dismiss complaint in state court due to plaintiffs’ failure to prove “sickness” as defined by travel insurance policy •Conducted several depositions in product liability actions brought against DES manufacturers •Prepared discovery demands and responses in employment discrimination and disability benefits cases •Member of team litigating six-week insurance trial
- Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
- M.A. (2013) | Education
- Fordham University School of Law
- J.D (2007) | Law
- Activities: Associate Editor of Fordham Intellectual, Media, & Entertainment Law Journal Secretary of Latin American Law Student Association
- Florida State University
- B.A (2004) | International Affairs
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Phi Beta Kappa Dean's List 4 consecutive years
- The Florida Bar  # 1036947
- New York State Bar  # 4583068
- - Current
- Montz & Coste, PLLC (Immigration Attorneys)
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.