Sophia Alexandra Montz

Sophia Alexandra Montz

Montz & Coste, PLLC Immigration Attorneys
  • Immigration Law
  • Florida
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Sophia Montz is a Managing Partner of Montz & Coste PLLC, a boutique immigration law firm in Miami, FL.

Sophia Montz's law practice focuses on Family-based Immigration, Asylum, Naturalization, Visas for victims of crimes, Cuban Adjustment and Family Reunification, as well as other immigration-related needs.

As the daughter of a Brazilian mother from Rio de Janeiro, Sophia has always been passionate about helping individuals seek their American Dream.

A Miami native, Sophia graduated magna cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, where she was an editor of the University of Miami Law Review, a prestigious scholarly legal publication.

Licensed by the FL State Bar. American Immigration Lawyers Association Member.

Practice Area
Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Zoom
  • Microsoft Teams
  • WebEx
  • WhatsApp
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
ID Number: 0114436
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
University of Miami School of Law
Honors: Senior Articles Editor, University of Miami Law Review and Dean's Fellow, Constitutional Law & Civil Procedure with Two-time Book Award in Legal Research & Writing
University of Miami School of Law Logo
University of Miami
Honors: Cum Laude with Departmental Honors in International Studies
University of Miami Logo
Professional Associations
American Immigration Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The Florida Bar  # 0114436
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered
Q. Is there a way to renew green cards that have been Expired/Missing More than 14 years?
A: You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Your first step will likely be obtaining your wife's immigration file, or A-file, from USCIS to see if she was ever issued a green card in the first place. If she was, it's also possible she abandoned her permanent resident status if she was living in Mexico for a long period of time without taking steps to maintain her permanent resident status in the US. Your best option is to speak to an attorney so that you can discuss all the relevant facts of your case. I hope this information helps.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
66 West Flagler Street
Suite 900
Miami, FL 33130
Telephone: (786) 266-5790
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.