Free Consultation: (405) 657-2323Tap to Call This Lawyer
S. Douglas Elliott

S. Douglas Elliott

Cannon and Associates
  • Family Law, Military Law, Nursing Home Abuse
  • Oklahoma
Review This Lawyer
Client Reviews
Michael M. November 14, 2019
Doug Elliott is the lawyer you need! Doug Elliott's knowledge, skill, and tenaciousness will ensure you get the best possible outcome. He has been my go-to attorney for several years and has never let me down. Several of my friends and associates have had similar positive experiences with Doug on their side.
Kevin W. November 8, 2019
Mr. Elliott is the best source for any military legal matter! Mr. Elliott has assisted me in upgrading my disability rating from 90% to 100%. That is a life changer! His experience as a JAG Officer and VA Director gives him a unique advantage in representing you, to either keep what you have earned in a divorce or to help you receive what you have earned in disabilities. There are so few lawyers that truly understand the military pay/retirement/benefit plan that the military provides. If you go to court without Mr. Elliott in a divorce, you are taking a huge risk that your lawyer or judge won't understand the difference between pay and benefit. This could be very costly to you! Mr. Elliott has been a game changer in regards to my financial future for me and my dependents.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

I have spent over 25 years assisting military members in divorces, administrative hearings, or more serious matters such as murder trials or less serious encounters with the criminal justice system. This experience along with my four years of administering seven nursing homes while the Executive Director of Veterans Affairs has supplied me with the knowledge to assist my clients with superior knowledge to navigate the criminal and civil pitfalls when a crisis occurs. I was consulted by the State legislators on the legislation that now exists to protect the rights of deployed parents to ensure their custodial rights are kept intact or transferred while deployed. I have also obtained acquittals in a murder trial and two other life sentence cases. I have also served as a prosecutor in District Attorney's office after my Active duty tour in the Army as a Judge Advocate. I continued my career in the National Guard and retired at the rank of Brigadier General.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Military Law
Veteran's Benefits
Nursing Home Abuse
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Oklahoma Bar Association
ID Number: 15227
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Written
Professional Experience
Cannon and Associates
- Current
Focusing on Family Law and Nursing home negligence.
Tufts University
Security Studies
Honors: Army War College Graduate
Tufts University Logo
University of Oklahoma
J.D. (1992)
University of Oklahoma Logo
Professional Associations
Oklahoma Bar Association  # 15227
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Veterans Day keynote Speaker El Reno, El Reno
Chamber of Commerce
Western District of Oklahoma
Websites & Blogs
Cannon and Associates
Court Orders Can't Protect Former Spouses
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered
Q. it's been over a year since my husband filed for divorce I was wondering if the divorce papers expire
A: The case hangs on until the parties or the court take an action to dismiss the case. Some courts clean up their dockets regularly, others not at all.
Q. What kind of questions will DHS in Oklahoma ask when they make a visit to a house. It's a first offense?
A: You could be looking at the possibility of DHS filing a deprived petition and your children being placed in DHS custody. You better go at least talk to a lawyer that handles these types of cases to discuss the details.
Q. How do I file objection and request for hearing to a temporary injunction in regards to minor child custody and support?
A: If it’s just in the initial stages you have to file an answer to the petition. If you’ve been paying a while you have to file a motion to modify.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Cannon and Associates
2133 N. Kelly, Suite 100
Edmond, OK 73003
Telephone: (405) 657-2323
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.