Free Consultation: (512) 521-4238Tap to Call This Lawyer
Roy Lee Warren

Roy Lee Warren

Law Office of Roy L. Warren,
  • Criminal Law, Personal Injury, DUI & DWI ...
  • Texas
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Emmett Ray Green
Emmett Ray Green March 30, 2020
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
I have known Roy Warren for 17 years. During that time, I have seen him in court with numerous clients. He is well liked by his clients and anyone in need of a criminal law or personal injury attorney will be well taken care of if they retain Roy Warren to represent their interests.
Client Reviews
K. W. February 29, 2020
Super Lawyer Roy L. Warren Mr. Warren represented me on a motion to revoke probation and he was able to successfully get my probation reinstated. I was charged with a felony possession of a controlled substance. I also have a lengthy criminal history. Not only was Mr Warren able to get my probation reinstated he kept me well informed about my case and show the up most compassion about my situation. He never once judged me or said I was a bad person he looked at the facts of the case and went from there making the prosecution prove their case. I would highly recommend Mr Warren to anybody who is struggling with a criminal charges. I have also hired Mr. Warren to represent me in a car wreck case. Once again he showed me that he is one of the best attorneys in the state of Texas. He made sure that I had a doctor and once I was finished with my treatment he was able to get me the most money from the insurance company. Mr. Warren is very knowledgeable about the law and is very much appreciated.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Roy is a Texan, graduating from Texas City High School. After getting life's hard lessons for 10 years he finally entered college, where despite his late start he earned accolades and academic scholarships. He graduated in the top 10% of his class in just 3 years while also working. After he graduated with a Bachelor of Accountancy from University of North Dakota, he passed the CPA exam and entered law school. Roy and his wife Laurie (they met when they were only 15 and married at 18), along with their 4 children, moved back to Texas so Roy could enroll at South Texas College of Law, in Houston. While attending STCL he worked with Super Lawyer Alton Todd in Alvin Texas. Roy credits his legal success to the mentor-ship of Alton Todd where Roy became a successful and professional lawyer protecting people's dreams across Texas. The appeals he wrote, starting his 1st year in law school (as a clerk) appealing lower court decisions to Appellate Courts and State Supreme Courts resulted in reversal of cases and laws to protect Constitutional rights of people. In fact, the first week after becoming a lawyer he won his 1st trial against a well known Super Lawyer that had been practicing 20 years. The next week Roy was winning again, obtaining a reversal on an appeal to the Corpus Christi Court of Appeals. He had 3 seasoned lawyers as opponents; one was so well known an argument against Joe Jamail was published law school books Roy studied in law school. For the past 31 years Roy has earned a reputation to be creative, successful, and well regarded by clients, peers and judges alike. Throughout his life and career he has demonstrated he is intelligent, fearless and a winner. He has been fighting his whole life so he is ready to fight for you. He is never judgmental of anyone and always respectful. He is just the kind of lawyer you need because he cares, understands, and will compassionately fight for his clients to protect their dreams and freedom.

Practice Areas
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Workers' Compensation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Expert Witness Regarding Insurance
  • Various other case
  • Free Consultation
    My fee depends on the type of case, for instance defending a criminal charge I must charge a retainer, personal injury cases I take on a contingency fee so you do not have to pay up front, workers compensation depends on the situation but if you think your do not need a lawyer ask yourself why the carriers have them.
  • Contingent Fees
    My contingent fees for workers compensation is 25%; for PI cases my fees are 1/3 of the recovery at most.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    With respect to criminal defense I must charge by the hour but I always give defendants a cap that my total charge for fees will never surpass; unless there is some extraordinary circumstance (which so far in 25 years has never happened).
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of Roy L. Warren,
- Current
With respect to worker's compensation few people can match my experience. I have been involved with more than 4,000 worker's compensation cases by: (1) representing injured workers (IW) at all levels, including judicial review (jury trial); (2) working for insurance carriers, (3) teaching or moderating WC to other attorneys (3) working as administrative Judge for the Appeals Panel with DWC reviewing cases to ensure legal and factually sufficient reasons to affirm or reverse; (4) testifying as an expert witness on WC matters. Also I represent those charged with crimes whether it’s a traffic violation, misdemeanor, murder, or First Degree Felonies. Regarding Personal Injury cases, I have represented people for violation of Constitution rights, injured in automobiles, slip and falls, injured when sitting on a broken toilet seat, and I even assisted people with having their tortoises returned
South Texas College of Law
J.D. | Law
Honors: Received American Jurispudence Award for Excellence in Property Law I and also Property Law II. Received award for highest grades in Civil Rights and Civil RICO.
Activities: While at UND I was elected as a Student Senator and I was appointed to be the Chairman of the Appropriations Committee. I was also a member of VITA. While at STCL I was a member of the moot court team and was a quarter finalist.
Placeholder image for education.
Houston College of Law Houston
J.D. (1991) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
University of North Dakota
B.A. | Accounting
Honors: Awarded Accounting Department Scholarship for excellence in Accounting; Graduated in top 15%, Named to Honor Society Beta Alpha Psi; Named to deans list and National Deans list on multiple occassion.
Activities: I was elected Student Senator at UND and was also elected to be the Chair of the Appropriations Committee.
University of North Dakota Logo
Outstanding Contributions of Legal Services to Low-Income Texans
The Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas
Providing legal services pro bono to those that cannot afford a lawyer.
10 Best Criminal Law Attorneys in Texas
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Based on Client Satisfaction
10 Best DWI Attorneys in Texas
American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
Board Certified in Workers' Compensation Law
State Board of Legal Specialization
Board Certified in Worker's Compensation Law 2005-2015
Certified Public Accountant
The North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Professional Associations
Worker's Compensation Section of the Texas State Bar
Board Certified in Worker's Compensation
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas
Litigation Section of the Texas State Bar
- Current
Activities: Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas State Bar  # 20888685
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Current
Activities: Member as a CPA
Placeholder image for professional associations.
The North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Certified Public Accountant
- Current
Activities: After passing the CPA examine I joined th North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Placeholder image for professional associations.
USAA Amatuer Boxing Asssociation
Activities: As a certified boxing instructor with U.S.A.A. I trained amateurs in boxing. I was also certified to judge the events.
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Suing IC for Medical Benefits
Appeals Panel Decision No. 030664
Speaking Engagements
Adjusting Workers' Compensation Cases, Workers Compensation, Radisson Hotel San Antonio
Texas Mutual Insurance
Moderated the event as well as presented other WC topics with other speakers.
Adjusting Workers' Compensation Cases, Workers Compensation, Radisson Hotel San Antonio
Texas Mutual Insurance
Moderated the event as well as presented other WC topics with other speakers.
Board Certified in Worker's Compensation
by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Certified Public Accountant
The North Dakota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Websites & Blogs
AVVO site
Legal Answers
410 Questions Answered
Q. With multiple charges, if some of the charges are dismissed, are bond conditions exclusive to those charges dropped?
A: I agree with his honor, I answer also to explain how dastardly the State can be on some case, particularly unpopular cases such as sexual assault of a child. They are not all guilty but I had a case where the person had to bond out twice, once after being indicted.
Q. Exam date and certification date different what date is correct for MMI rating?
A: Thanks for your question. I have some difficulty understanding precisely what you are asking. So with that having been said I will answer as best I can. It looks as if neither doctor said you are at MMI? If that is correct then you will stay on TIBs until you reach MMI as certified by qualified medical provider that does not give you a prospective (future) MMI date.

If you're certified at MMI by a DD the DWC "pretends" they are not an interested party so they usually accept the DD's report, unless you can prove a significant error by the DD. Good luck to you.
Q. Should I find my own FCE specialist or is it in my best interest to use the one suggested by my treating physician?
A: Thanks for your question. If you simply use your own medical provider for the FCE, you may have to pay for it yourself. You are correct that the IC is preparing to send you off to MMI land. They are in the business of collecting premiums, not paying claims so I would not be trusting everything from the carrier. Your doctors are likely selected by the IC so you may need the DWC to appoint a "so called" independent medical provider that the DWC calls a DD (short for designated doctor). There is an inherent bias built into their evaluation b/c they do not get paid until you are certified as being MMI. If a DD has already been appointed the DWC is required to send you back to the same DD, unless they have a good reason.

A couple of years ago I wrote an article on AVVO concerning visiting DD, I strongly urge you to read it. Best of luck, I hope all goes well for you.
... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
1775 Oakwood Loop
San Marcos, TX 78666
Telephone: (512) 521-4238
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.