Offers Video ConferencingTap to Call This Lawyer
Jason Speer EnglishJason S. English Law, PLLC
- Criminal Law, Personal Injury, DUI & DWI ...
Jason English grew up in his dad’s personal injury law practice in Tarrant County, graduated from Texas A&M before getting his law degree from St. Mary’s University School of Law. Initially he worked in his father’s firm on personal injury, wills and probate, as well as, family law cases. Soon thereafter he took his father’s advice and worked as a prosecutor to obtain trial expertise. Jason English was an Assistant District Attorney with the Travis County District Attorney’s Office in Austin, Texas from 2007-2017. The Travis County District Attorney’s Office has jurisdiction over felony offenses. Mr. English was a prosecutor in Texas 2002-2017, working at the Cameron County Criminal District Attorney’s Office in Brownsville, TX and at the Hays County District Attorney’s Office in San Marcos, Texas. Upon joining Travis County District Attorney’s Office in 2007, he was assigned to various courts before being assigned to the Special Prosecution Division’s Public Integrity Unit handling white collar crimes committed against state agencies or crimes committed by state officials. He had been the Strategic Prosecution Unit’s Community Prosecutor working as the liaison between the DA’s Office, Austin Police Department, and the community. During this time he was assigned to address special issues or top offenders affecting the community, as well as, advising the Austin Police Department regarding felony cases and sting operations. The work included various initiatives such as an enhanced prosecution initiative, as well as, implementing a Drug Market Initiative following the High Point Model. Prior to leaving prosecution, he had been over various diversion programs for the Travis County District Attorney’s Office, specifically handling the Mental Health Docket and the Veterans Court. After 15 great years as a prosecutor, he has returned full circle to handling personal injury, will and probate cases, as well as, practicing criminal defense.
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Wills
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- White Collar Crime
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Hernandez and English, LLP
- - Current
- Jason English and Alex Hernandez are Partners in the Austin Texas area handling civil and criminal matters. We handle matters in Travis, Hays, Caldwell, Williamson, Bastrop, Guadalupe and other Central Texas counties through our Austin office location.
- Founder and Partner
- Jason S. English Law, PLLC
- - Current
- Focusing on personal injury, probate and criminal cases in Texas.
- Assistant District Attorney - Special Prosecutions
- Travis County District Attorney's Office
- • Community Prosecutor and Liaison with the Austin Police Department and members of community. • Prosecute Public Officials, Public Corruption, and White Collar Crime for the Public Integrity Unit. • Implement Drug Market Initiative at 12th/Chicon to rehabilitate drug blighted community and divert and rehabilitate drug dealers without incarceration but with community partnerships. • Advise and Coordinate with the Austin Police Department on special problems and resulting initiatives. • Coordinate the prosecution of felony offenders with law enforcement agencies. • Represent Travis County District Attorney’s Office at local, state, and federal meetings. • First-Chair felony prosecution; beginning with voir dire and ending with closing arguments. • Present indictments to the Grand Jury.
- Assistant District Attorney
- Hays County District Attorney's Office
- • First-Chair felony prosecution; beginning with voir dire and ending with closing arguments. • Present indictments to the Grand Jury. • Defend convictions on appeal, as well as, submit briefs in the prosecution of the State’s limited right to appeal. • Advise and manage four attorneys and a court docket of 4,000+ cases, as Chief of the Hays County District Attorney’s Office Misdemeanor Division. • Lecturer at Citizen’s Police Academy for both Hays County Sheriff’s Office and San Marcos Police Department, as well as, presenter at San Marcos High School.
- Assistant District Attorney
- Cameron County District Attorney's Office
- Prosecuted Misdemeanor and Felony Criminal Cases, • Establish probable cause for arrests at preliminary hearings, and request appropriate bond amounts. • Argue before magistrates and judges to secure protective orders for victims of domestic violence.
- Law Offices of Harold English
- Handled personal injury, family law, as well as, wills and probate cases in Tarrant County, Texas.
- St. Mary's University School of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.) (2001)
- Texas A&M University - College Station
- B.A. (1997)
- Sheep Dog Award
- Fifth Street Community - Austin Texas
- For protecting citizen and business interests downtown.
- State Bar College
- Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer Association
- Hays County Bar Association
- Texas State Bar  # 24032155
- - Current
Being arrested puts your future at risk, consider your job, finances and reputation. We rely on years of experience as a prosecutor to guide you through the chaos, fight for...Jason S English Law, PLLC - Talking about how A Lawyer Can Help Your Loved One Make Bail
As a former prosecutor who represents good people facing criminal and drunk driving charges, we often are asked about bail bonds and making bail. Watch this video for some...Jason S English Law, PLLC - Former Prosecutor Talks About When Can Police Search You?
We represent good people facing criminal and drunk driving charges in the Austin, Texas area. One question that we are often asked is when can the police search you....Jason English Lawyer - some quick information about us
Watch a quick and fun video about Jason S. English Law, PLLC. Talk to a former prosecutor who represents good people facing criminal and drunk driving charges. Schedule...Jason S English Law, PLLC - Former Prosecutor: What To Do When Your Loved One Calls From Jail
We often find out that clients did not know what to do or how best to reach out to friends and family after arrest. Watch this video for some...Jason English Law, Former Prosecutor - What to do in the Austin Area if the Police Are At The Door
We often get questions about what to do when the police are at your door? Watch this video for some general information about what and how the police are...Former Prosecutor - the Basics of Bail when you are arrested in Austin, Texas - Jason English Law
Jason English, Former Prosecutor explains the Basics of Bail and insight on how bond amounts are set.Jason English Law - Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer & Former Prosecutor How to find the right lawyer?
A former prosecutor who now represents good people facing criminal and drunk driving charges in Austin, Texas explains how to find the right lawyer after you have been arrested. ...
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.