The Pollack Law Firm, P.C. the premier DIVORCE law firm and enjoys a reputation of being considered the "BEST" divorce law firm in Nassau and Suffolk counties with the firm's principal attorney Robert B. Pollack, Esq. being rated "SUPERB."
We are proactive and results driven while always focusing on the personal care, attention and respect for our clients along with their individual goals, concerns and objectives.
Robert B. Pollack opened The Pollack Law Firm, P.C. over twenty years ago and since then, has devoted the focus of his firm on divorce, all phases of matrimonial law including separation and mediation for example, as well as all family law issues.
Mr. Pollack has extensive trial experience and has negotiated and settled hundreds of divorces. He thinks "out of the box" in order to get clients' cases concluded as quickly and inexpensively as possible but always focused on achieving the best results possible.
Mr. Pollack's legal knowledge and skills as a divorce trial attorney, negotiator and mediator have been recognized by his 2015 appointment to the "Special Masters Panel" in Nassau County where Mr. Pollack is assigned particularly difficult divorce cases by the Court and once appointed, meets with the parties and their attorneys to "close the gaps" and help settle the case so that the parties may avoid a long, acrimonious and expensive trial.
Mr. Pollack has been honored by receiving Avvo's "Client's Choice Award" each year from 2012 through 2018 and is recognized as one of the "10 Best" family law attorneys in the United States by "The American Institute of Family Law Attorneys" and in the "Top 1%" of the divorce attorneys in the United States by "The National Association of Distinguished Counsel."
These honors and recognition are reflected in the numerous "5 Star" reviews that Mr. Pollack has received on Google and Avvo.com from clients and colleagues alike.
Please call today to schedule a free consultation...(516) 938-3330.
- Family Law
- Free Consultation
Please call (516) 938-3330 to schedule a free consultation with Robert B. Pollack, Esq. at our Jericho location or by phone... whatever is easier and more convenient for you!
- Credit Cards Accepted
Master Card, Visa, Amex, Discover and Debit Cards
- New York
- Eastern District of New York (Federal Court)
- Southern District of New York (Federal Court)
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Principal & founding attorney and owner
- The Pollack Law Firm, P.C.
- - Current
- Pace Law School
- J.D. (1996)
- Honors: Cum Laude
- State University of New York - Albany
- B.A. | Psychology / Music
- Selected member
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Selected as one of
- American Institue of Family Law Attorneys
- 2018 Clients' Choice Award
- American Trial Lawyer's Association
- - Current
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- - Current
- Nassau County Bar Association
- - Current
- New York State Bar Association
- - Current
- Prenuptial Agreements: For Love or Money
- Mileiu Magazine
- The Summer Home: You Want It? So Do I!
- Milieu Magazine
- Special Master
- NYS Unified Court System 10th Judicial District
- Avvo "Client's Choice" 2011 through 2016
- 10 Best Family Law Attorneys 2016
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Top 1%
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- THE POLLACK LAW FIRM, P.C.'s "Avvo.com" website
- The Pollack Law Firm P.C. YouTube Channel
Visit our website- https://divorcelaw4u.com/ Call us- 516-938-3330 Follow us on Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/The-Pollack-Law-Firm-PC-412011392342085/ Follow us on Twitter- https://twitter.com/PollackLaw The Pollack Law Firm, P.C. is Long Island’s premier divorce law firm. Serving Long Island’s divorce clients...People use the terms legal custody or residential custody. Are this the same? What's the difference?
THE POLLACK LAW FIRM, P.C. is rated "SUPERB" and should be your pick to represent you in your divorce or family law matter.Do I still have to pay child support if me and my spouse agree to share custody?
THE POLLACK LAW FIRM, P.C. is rated "SUPERB" and should be your pick to represent you in your divorce or family law matter.My house is in my spouse's name only, what does that mean for me?
THE POLLACK LAW FIRM, P.C. is rated "SUPERB" and should be your pick to represent you in your divorce or family law matter.Who gets the house in a divorce?
- Q. I divorced years ago, 13 years ago, and have been paying child support monthly since then.
- A: Your child is 18; have you asked your child where he or she would rather attend college, meaning, Jamaica or in the US? Looking back on the history you describe concerning her adversely impacting your relationship with your child, there could have been opportunities to reduce or eliminate child support back then. All of this would have been fact and circumstance dependent but now that there is a child who in NY, where the court would have no jurisdiction over as to custody and parenting time, still can make an order concerning and upward modification for basic child support and order you to pay your pro rata share of college. Of course, your argument that you could enroll your child in a less expensive college here may have some weight and in the worst case scenario, may operate as a cap as to your share of potential tuition and expenses in Jamaica. One way or the other, the Court will most likely fashion an order requiring the parents to contribute to the college education of their child. I would suggest that you retain an experienced family law attorney to represent you in this.
- Q. My sister is disabled due to MS...her husband is divorcing her after 30 plus years , calling it a Medicaid divorce. Her
- A: What is sometimes referred to as a "Medicaid divorce" from experience, this may involve certain less than ethical maneuvers that your sister may need to be concerned about and I will not advise or comment about. Your sister needs help and advice for sure. The need for an attorney is clear; she is in a long term marriage. Her income is fixed and limited. Her ability to become self supporting is unlikely and that would impact any disability payment she is receiving. Although you indicate that the marriage has significant debt, you do not indicate if her husband is employed or capable of supporting himself and her, the existence of debt notwithstanding. Also, just because someone has debt it does not necessarily mean they are totally without assets, meaning, the ability to afford to retain counsel for your sister which if not paid voluntarily could be ordered by the court upon your sister's application for counsel fees. I would advise your sister to tread carefully here and get counsel asap. It is not easy to find a pro bono divorce attorney. I would suggest that she contact the following to see if they can assist her: The Volunteers Lawyer Project (Hempstead); 516-292-8229 and the Pro Bono Project (Islandia); 631-232-2400.
- Q. Can a paralegal write a stipulation of settlement for a divorce filing without a lawyer involved?
- A: The role and permitted duties of paralegals differ throughout the USA. In some states, paralegals are licensed and can perform certain functions that an attorney would otherwise have to do. Paralegals cannot practice law; only attorneys can do that. However, there is no legal requirement in NY that anyone particular must write a stipulation of settlement. The parties themselves can write it. So long as it comports with the applicable laws to be able to enforce it, contains any mandatory language and/or calculations that the particular jurisdiction may require and is executed in accordance with the local requirements, there should be no issue. But it must never be forgotten that a Stipulation is a contract and so parties who decide to do it themselves or utilize a para professional or even a non-attorney mediator may find themselves regretting not having obtained sound legal advice prior to their becoming bound to a contract that is very difficult to escape from.