Richard Gaudet

Richard Gaudet

Business, Bankruptcy, and Real Estate Lawyer in Massachusetts.
  • Real Estate Law, Bankruptcy, Business Law
  • Massachusetts
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Massachusetts attorney practicing real estate, business, bankruptcy law.. Also providing general legal consultation to businesses and individuals. Serving the north shore, south shore, Boston and surrounds, Merrimack Valley and Worcester.

Real Estate Law: closing services, buyer, seller, and lender representation in the purchase and sale of residential and commercial properties.

Business Law: policy and procedure review and drafting, consultation, startup business formation, contract drafting and negotiation, and other services.

Bankruptcy: Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and Chapter 11 for individual bankruptcy filers and businesses.

General Legal Services: tenant and landlord issues, consumer protection issues, and many more.

Practice Areas
Real Estate Law
Condominiums, Homeowners Association, Mortgages, Residential Real Estate
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Formation, Franchising, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Massachusetts Board of Bar Overseers
ID Number: 707209
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Associations
State Bar of Massachusetts
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Real Estate Bar Association  # 14168781
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered
Q. How do I have my Ex husband removed from the deed of our home? The divorce from 2017 states the house is to be mine.
A: First, it is important to realize that removing a name from a deed is not a simply matter because that person has a legal right to the property, at least until proven otherwise. There are a number of ways that this issue could play out, and if I understood your posting correctly, you did not involve legal counsel in your divorce so you don't have an attorney at hand. It would be best to receive legal advice from a Massachusetts Family Law attorney, but here are the basics:

1. The divorce decree may have language indicating that the title has been transferred as a result of the decree. If so, an attorney can help you determine how to apply that language.

2. If the decree does not contain such language, you might try a letter from an attorney informing him of his obligation to correct the problem, then wait and see. If he still will not sign, then on to step 3.

3. File a contempt complaint with the court. Failure to respond might result in fines, jail time, or both.

Hope this was helpful.



The information provided in the pages and posts of this website are for general informational purposes only. The information presented on this site is not legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is formed by the use of this site.
... Read More
Q. I am looking to buy a house but, I am leasing an apartment in Andover,MA. Am I allowed to break a lease without penalty?
A: Typically no. The terms of a lease, if the terms follow Mass law will likely hold, and a breach of those terms will likely result in the breaching side owing any penalties due under the lease. On the other hand, if the landlord is not providing habitable conditions, or violating Mass law relative to residential tenants, you may have other reasons to withhold rent. An attorney practicing in landlord/tenant issues should be consulted if this is the case

Alternatively, sometimes a landlord will allow you to waive amounts owed with proper notice or settle for some other amount.
Q. Could an associate of a law firm like Latham & Watkins provide legal services outside of their law firm?
A: The answer depends upon the relationship that this attorney has with the law firm. It is possible that this attorney has some type of non-compete clause, or some other provision in a contract with the employer preventing the lawyer from self-dealing. So much of the answer to your question depends upon the nature of the agreement between the lawyer and the form that the lawyer works for.

You would want to contact an attorney to assist you with ferreting out further details and to provide you with legal advice.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Offices of Richard Alan Gaudet, LLC
49 Blanchard Street
Ste 102
Lawrence, MA 01843
Telephone: (978) 273-8337
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.