Free Consultation: (800) 367-5298Tap to Call This Lawyer
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability
  • Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been representing individuals, families, and small businesses since I graduated from law school in 1975. I believe that most people get confused by the legal system especially with insurance questions-- the system turns them around, nobody explains anything, and that turns them off. I want them to know their rights--that's why we're called The Know Your Rights People. Access to justice is why I offer free consultations, and take death and injury cases on a contingent fee--which means I don't get paid until I get money for the person I represent. Unlike many attorneys, I don't represent insurance companies to avoid a conflict of interest. Also, unlike many attorneys, I charge only for costs outside of my office---many attorneys charge for postage, even phone fees--and then charge interest on that! I went to the University of Michigan, then to Georgetown University's Law School, and have a further degree, a Masters of Law, from Temple University. I have been in practice for over thirty five years, and have represented people from adjusters to veterinarians, whose family members have been killed or who have --through no fault of their own-- had to deal with fractures and all manner of other injuries, from many varieties of corporate and individual carelessness. Some lawyers say they only take "serious" cases--I believe that any injury that causes you limitations, pain, is serious to you. Give me a call if you have a legal question about any form of injury--if I can't help you, I'll at least try to tell you who can! And it won't cost you a dime --even the call is free--1-888-PA-LAWS-1 (1-888-725-2971)!

Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Medical Malpractice
Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
Products Liability
Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
Additional Practice Areas
  • Pedestrian run-downs
  • Bicycle injuries
  • Free Consultation
    The insurance company is staffed by professionals whose job is to pay out as little as possible. Before you speak to them, you should have the opportunity to speak to someone who is on your side. I don't represent insurance companies. Every week I give free consultations to people who want to know their legal options - that's why my practice is called "The Know Your Rights People."© If you or a loved one has been hurt, then that injury is serious--and that's how I treat all callers. In fact, I'm proud that when insurance adjusters have been hurt or their family has been injured they call me to represent them! Whatever your injury or death question, call us. You can even use our toll free number: 1-800-367-5298. Put it in your phone so if a friend-or you -gets hit you can call for advice before you speak with the insurance adjuster!
  • Contingent Fees
    I take injury cases on a "contingent fee" which means I don't get paid until I get the other side to put money on the table. Most of my clients are average working people, without the money to pay the huge hourly fees insurance companies pay their lawyers. I want you to be able to have a lawyer if you've been hurt, so I set out to not charge up front fees for injured people or families who've had a loved one killed. I only get paid when I get money for you. It's that simple. Don't you wish other professions were like that? It doesn't cost a dime to talk to me, and it doesn't cost money to retain me as your lawyer. Unlike many other law firms I don't charge interest on casefile costs I advance, and I only get my costs back if and when I get money for you! You don't have to pay expenses up front as happens with many lawfirms.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    I've helped thousands of clients and have given information to many more times that , and I'd be happy to speak with you about your case. Call me for an appointment!
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
District of Columbia
District of Columbia Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
1st Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
2nd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
3rd Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
4th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Court Of Claims
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Temple University Beasley School of Law
LL.M. (1996) | Trial Advocacy
In the first class of Temple University Law School's Masters of Law in Trial Advocacy
Temple University Beasley School of Law Logo
Georgetown University Law Center
J.D. (1975) | Emphasis on topics related to rights of individuals. Practiced for one year under a local District of Columbia Court rule allowing law students to represent clients in the courts of the District of Columbia.
Georgetown University Law Center Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
B.A. (1972) | History
Honors: Full tuition scholarships; honors college
Activities: Staff ot the Michigan daily;editorial staff of Gargoyle (Michigan's humor magazine);founder, University of Michigan Rowing Club; Environmental Law Society; active with political campaigns
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Professional Associations
Chester County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Associaton for Justice
- Current
Activities: former chair, Forklift and Industrial Vehicle Litigation Group
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Current
Activities: Solo & Small Firm Practice Section Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Jersey Association for Justice
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Monroe County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Occupational Health and the Federal Government: The Wages Are Still Bitter
Law and Contemporary Problems
Legal Answers
6534 Questions Answered
Q. If I had a car accident in Puerto Rico but have Florida license can I open case in Florida?
A: The claim has to be made where it happened or where the person at fault lives or does business. Contact the Bar Association of Puerto Rico to find an attorney.

However, your Florida auto policy may provide coverage for medical bills, wage loss. If your work had short term disability that may also help your wage loss. If not, look at unemployment compensation if you were let go because of your injuries.
Q. I was in a auto mobile accident the other party was st full blame but my insurance paid my hospital bill so ii turned in
A: First, I am not a Virginia attorney (though I have handled cases there at the request of some). However let me note that members of the Va. Assn for Justice give free consultations so why not get one?

Generally, you look to have the insurance pick up your medicals. So be sure you tell the doctors/therapists about each area of your body where you feel either pain, numbness/tingling, or feel those if you use those areas, or other body symptoms you didn't have before--ringing in your ears, dizziness, etc.

Under many states auto policies the other person's insurance doesn't pay your medical bills first but down the road your companies that paid your bills will go to the responsible company's insurance for payment. Under many states' laws, they have a right to be paid back so do NOT try to settle the case on your own. ... Read More
Q. I stepped in a hole & fell at the Chevy dealership and severely sprained my ankle. What are our legal options?
A: For starters, get medical treatment/examination. If you can photograph the hole. You are a business invitee, and are owed a higher duty of care than a trespasser (I'm assuming this was during normal business hours.

Your right to recovery will be affected by what you say. Avoid recorded statements. If you gave one, avoid others.

Hopefully, your ankle will speedily heal and you will have a smaller claim. Do not agree to settlement until you know your medical costs--your insurance that pays for your treatment will have a "subrogation" claim.

Call a member of the W.Va. Trial Lawyers Assn. in your area--they give free consults.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
The Law Offices of Peter N. Munsing, P.C.
939 Penn Ave
Wyomissing, PA 19610
Toll-Free: (800) 367-5298
Telephone: (610) 478-7878
Fax: (610) 478-8787
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.