Parrish Collins

Parrish Collins

Collins & Collins, P.C.
  • Civil Rights, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence...
  • New Mexico
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

Parrish concentrates his practice in personal injury and wrongful death claims. Most of his cases involve medical malpractice, auto accidents and premises liability (slip and fall) claims.

Parrish founded the Albuquerque based law firm of Collins & Collins, P.C. in 2001 as Parrish Collins, Attorney at Law. He was able to convince his wife and now law partner, Alysan Boothe Collins, to join the firm in 2003. The firm has greatly expanded its personal injury practice since that time.

Parrish's background includes criminal and DWI defense as well as divorce and family law. Though he remains involved in these areas of practice as part of the firm's activities, his focus is primarily on personal injury.

The personal injury practice allows Parrish and Collins & Collins, P.C. to truly serve those in need often in pretty dire circumstances due to their injuries and all of the issues that arise from them. He is honored by the trust and confidence that clients place in him and does all he can to earn and maintain that trust.

Practice Areas
  • Civil Rights
  • Criminal Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • DUI & DWI
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Credit cards are accepted by the firm for criminal and DWI defense, and divorce and family law clients.
  • Contingent Fees
    All personal injury and wrongful death claims are on a contingency fee basis. With rare exception and only if agreed to in advance, the client only pays costs if there is a recovery out of that recovery.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free Initial Case Review
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Mexico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Experience
Duke University
M.A. | Philosophy
Duke University Logo
University of Texas - Austin
B.B.A. | Accounting
Honors: Graduated with Honors
University of Texas - Austin Logo
Duke University
J.D. | Law
Honors: Graduated with Honors
Duke University Logo
Professional Associations
New Mexico State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Texas Bar (Inactive)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
New Mexico Injury Attorney Blog
Albuquerque Divorce Lawyer Blog
Albuquerque Criminal Lawyer Blog
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. Do I need to file probate in New Mexico where my husband died in an accident without a will?
A: Under the New Mexico Wrongful Death Act, a Petition for the Appointment of Personal Representative would need to be filed. This would typically be in the county where your husband resided. Once the Order of Appointment is issued by the judge, the personal representative can proceed with the lawsuit.
Q. My daughter is scheduled for a probation revocation, do i need to find her an attorney or will her public defender do?
A: Juveniles are required to have an attorney in juvenile criminal court. The public defender will assist her unless you have hired a private attorney. Revocation of probation is pretty serious so it is advisable to meet with your attorney in advance so the attorney is fully prepared for the hearing.
Q. How do I amend my divorce decree concerning allowing me to move my children out of the state of new mexico
A: In the absence of agreement by the parties, relocating to another state with children is no simple task. It will require a hearing at a minimum. Depending upon the situation, it may require the appointment of an expert psychologist. It can be a lengthy process and should be started early, well before any anticipated move. Finally, it is entirely possible that the court would refuse the request/motion to relocate so this is something that should be anticipated just in case.
Q. I found a sharp piece of plastic in my food. The insurance company denied my claim. What should I do?
A: For there to be a claim, there must be damages. This means that you must have been harmed. There is no indication of physical injuries so presumably the injuries are emotional in nature. Our firm would not take on a claim involving purely emotional injuries associated with plastic found in food. There may be other lawyers that would see the case differently.
Q. A family member was hit in the face with a whisky bottle. What kind of lawyer should member retain?
A: You should be talking with personal injury lawyers if you are seeking to recover damages (i.e. money) for your family member's injuries. If you are looking to file criminal charges, then you would file the a police report.
Q. What paper work do I need to reopen a divorce case and redo the parent plan?
A: You would need to file a Motion to Modify the Parenting Plan. You would also file a SCRA with the Motion with a filing fee if the case has been inactive long enough for the clerk to close the file. To read more on New Mexico Parenting Plans, go here:
Q. Can I add lost wages to my personal injury law suit ?
A: Referring only to New Mexico, you can recover lost wages. In fact, in cases of serious injury with permanent injuries and disability or wrongful death cases, the lost wage claims may represent a significant portion of the recovery.
Q. Do I need an attorney to file a notice of claim against the city?
A: You do not need an attorney. However, it is advisable to have an attorney. There are specific notice requirements under the Tort Claims Act. It is important to meet the notice requirements. This must be done within 90 days of the accident or 6 months in case of wrongful death. The requirement is quite rigid and missing the deadline will bar your claim. Finally, you contact an attorney immediately. Few attorneys will take a case or even discuss it on the eve of or anywhere close to such a deadline in the absence of significant extenuating circumstances.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Collins & Collins, P.C.
500 4th Street NW
Suite 405
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Telephone: (505) 242-5958
Fax: (505) 242-5968