Free Consultation: (203) 601-6698Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nicole M. Camporeale

Nicole M. Camporeale

Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Probate Attorney
  • Elder Law, Estate Planning, Probate
  • Connecticut, New Jersey
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Bryan M. Etter
Bryan M. Etter October 6, 2021
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Nicole's analytical and organized approach, combined with her communication skills and genuine care for her clients, makes her one of the finest attorneys in our area. I'm proud to call her a law partner, and would certainly be grateful to work with her from the client perspective!
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Nicole M. Camporeale is an attorney practicing with Wiley, Etter, Doyon, LLC. She is admitted to the Connecticut and New Jersey Bar. Nicole worked at Floman DePaola, LLC for 5 years prior to the firm's merger with Wiley, Etter, Doyon, LLC in 2021. Nicole attended Quinnipiac University School of Law where she graduated with honors in the Family Law concentration. While at Quinnipiac, Nicole worked in the New Haven Superior Court through the Sappern Fellowship Program providing assistance to pro-se parties filing temporary restraining orders and divorce paperwork. She also worked in the New Haven Probate Court drafting judicial opinions for Judge John Keyes, one of which was later published in the Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal.

Practice Areas
    Elder Law
    Estate Planning
    Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Probate Administration
Video Conferencing
  • Google Meet
  • Zoom
  • Google Duo
  • Microsoft Teams
  • RingCentral
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultations for Estate Planning, Estate Administration, and Residential Real Estate Transaction. Long Term Care Planning/Medicaid consultations are not included in free consultations.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Quinnipiac University School of Law
Honors: Honors in Family Law concentration
Quinnipiac University School of Law Logo
Fairfield University
B.A. | Politics, Italian Studies, Studio Arts
Honors: Deans list, MAAC All Academic Team, Alpha Mu Gamma- Foreign Language Honor Society
Activities: Division 1 Cross Country- Team Captain
Placeholder image for education.
Rising Stars
Super Lawyers
Rising Stars
Super Lawyers
Rising Stars
Super Lawyers
Excellence in Clinical Work
Quinnipiac University School of Law
Distinguished Academic Achievement in Trusts and Estates
Quinnipiac University School of Law
Professional Associations
New Haven County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Connecticut Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
In Re Estate of Lipsher
Quinnipiac Probate Law Journal
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
59 Questions Answered
Q. Can an executor deposit a check made out to a beneficiary into an estate account ?
A: If the check is made out to you individually as the designated beneficiary of the account, it is considered a non-probate asset and therefore does not need to be deposited into the estate bank account, but can pass to you individually. I don't see how it could deposit the check unless you actually endorsed it over to the estate. This response is based purely on the way you posed the fact pattern and could be different upon a more detailed review, so I do want to make that clear. It is often a family issue that money left to one child and not others creates some conflict. Unless there is some evidence that points to the fact that this money should be split equally among all children, I would personally tend to disagree with my colleague's prior response that there is a legal obligation to do so, but that certainly is up for debate! Your mom could have affirmatively named all of her intended beneficiaries as such with this financial institution to prevent this issue. Since she chose only to name you, and therefore the asset does not pass through her probate estate, unless you feel a personal obligation to split it with your siblings (ie. gift them each a share), I would argue you're not legally liable to do so. This may be different if you were a joint owner on the account with mom and are benefiting simply from that convenience of adding one child and not others to the account. I hope this is helpful food-for-thought.
Q. I'm the only child&next to kin.My dad is a deceased veteran who had mental illness. Conservator took advantage of him
A: If you have no money to pay an attorney up front, you might want to see if you can find an attorney that believes the case will be successful and may take your case on a contingency basis. If an attorney does not think any money will be recovered, they may not take the case, or may require up front money. If you need legal help for free, your next option is to contact legal services in your area to see if they can assist.
Q. My mother died nearly 24 years ago she is now named in her brother will. I am the only child am I entitled to her share?
A: It definitely depends what the Will itself says. Sometimes a deceased beneficiary's share does pass to his/her children. Other times it can lapse and in effect pass to the remaining named beneficiaries. It truly depends on how the will is worded. When the estate goes through probate you will be notified if you are a beneficiary.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Wiley Etter Doyon, LLC
97 Washington Avenue, Ste. 2 North Haven, CT 06473
97 Washington Ave
Ste 2
North Haven, CT 06473
Toll-Free: (203) 601-6698
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.