Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldResponsive Law
- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Personal Injury
- DUI & DWI
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Owner / Attorney
- Nicola Cummings Law Firm, LLC
- - Current
- Assistant Solicitor General
- Henry County Solicitor General Office
- Prosecute misdemeanor crimes: I prosecuted traffic cases, other misdemeanors and felony cases. She prosecuted various cases: Traffic Law ?cases (speeding, no proof of insurance, suspense license violations, etc) Driving under the influence (DUI), domestic cases, and many more.
- The Veal Law Firm
- Worked as a criminal defense attorney. Performed as second-chair at murder trial; conducted trial preparation, voir dire, and sentencing guidelines; Drafted motions; Completed arraignments; Argued Bond Motions; Conducted client interviews and research. manslaughter, etc. Supervised by Attorney Holly Veal.
- Macon Bibb Public Defender Office
- Houston County District Attorney Office
- Performed extensive research and drafted legal memorandums, probation violation, and sentencing agreements; analyzed discovery materials; observed trials, sentencing hearings, pretrial conferences, and trials.
- Certified Latent Print Examiner/Lab Manager
- Six3System Inc.
- Recovered latent fingerprints and trace evidence from Improvised Explosive Devise (IED) during Operation Enduring Freedom in Iraq and Afghanistan. Managed forensic science laboratory in Iraq; trained soldiers in Battlefield Forensics; developed and analyzed fingerprints on Improvised Explosive Devices; Top Secret clearance; U.S. Army Instructor.
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Gwinnett County Police Department
- Worked as a Crime Scene Investigator who processed all types of crime scenes from burglaries to murder. Collected, preserved, photographed, analyzed, documents, evaluated evidence for DNA, trace evidence, and fingerprints. Comprised a final report of the scene and testified in court. Supervised Crime Scene Unit; investigated all types of crime scenes; analyzed evidence using chemicals, powers, and alternate light sources; comprised complex reports; compared fingerprints; certified P.O.S.T. Identification Technician, Field Training Officer, and Instructor.
- West Virginia University College of Law
- LL.M. | Masters of Law - Forensic Justice
- City University of New York - John Jay College of Criminal Justice
- B.A. | Political Science
- - present
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Activities: History, English, Forensic Science
- Mercer University Walter F. George School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: Dean’s List; Ruth T. West Award for Advocacy and Leadership
- Activities: CALI Award - Advanced Legal Research; Certificate in Advanced Legal Writing, Research, and Drafting; President of Older Wiser Law Students (OWLS); Mentor/Tutor/Historian for Black Law Students Association (BLSA).
- Client Reviewed (5 out of 5 Recommended)
- International Association for Identitification
- Georgia Division International Association for Identification
- Georgia Association Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia  # 628554
Articles & Publications
- Forensic Science
- Do I want to become an attorney? , Griffin Middle School Career Day
- Certified Latent Print Examiner
- The International Association for Identification
Websites & Blogs
- Nicola Cummings Law Firm
3 Questions Answered
- Q. If I was proceeding to take a field sobriety test and touch my pockets when asked not to is this obstruction?
- A: Not really but the officer can try to charge you for obstruction. Consult with a well-qualified criminal defense attorney for assistance.
- Q. Felony prob in Ga. is transferred to another county. Who do I owe past due fees to?
- A: You should speak with your PO to be 100% sure. You should owe the previous place feed until the date that your probation was transferred and fees to the new place after the transfer. Consult with a well-qualified attorney for assistance.
- Q. What are the penalties for 17 year olds who are caught drunk driving?
- A: The penalties are as severe as an adult being caught driving. while drunk. However, the threshold of proof is lower. The State has to show a less BAC. So, it depends on whether there is a BAC or not. Consult with a well-qualified DUI attorney for assistance.
Contact & Map