Free Consultation: (787) 942-0731Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte

Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte

Alvarez & Alvarez Counselors at Law
  • Criminal Law, Divorce, Business Law ...
  • Puerto Rico
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Am fully bilingual (spanish/english) educated in the United States (New York) with a vast background on the american way of life. Have been a litigating attorney for over 30 years in all areas of the law serving all municipalities (towns) in Puerto Rico. I form part of a firm that my great grandfather created. I am a fourth generation attorney which has allowed me a vast background and knowledge of the legal practice and handling of the clients needs. With offices in the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and a network of attorneys throughout the United States we are truly the only law firm you will ever need for all your legal needs and services anywhere in Puerto Rico at the right price. Give us a call for your free consultation by phone. Available 24 hours a day 7 days a week including all holidays. Look forward to helping you in any way possible. We accept cases anywhere in Puerto Rico and litigated in all Court's of Puerto Rico.

Practice Areas
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • Business Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Elder Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Family Law
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Gov & Administrative Law
  • Health Care Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Insurance Defense
  • Juvenile Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Maritime Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Probate
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Products Liability
  • Real Estate Law
  • White Collar Crime
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Animal & Dog Law
  • Collections
  • Education Law
  • Construction Law
Additional Practice Area
  • General litigation
  • Free Consultation
    Call for your free consultation by phone, e-mail or social media.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees welcomed
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Puerto Rico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Attorney at Law
Alvarez & Alvarez Counselors at Law
- Current
Have been litigating for almost three decades in all areas of law. He estado litigando por casi tres decadas en todas las areas de leyes.
Edutec Institute
Paramedic (2011) | E.M.T.
Placeholder image for education.
Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law
J.D. (1988) | Law / Derecho
Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law Logo
Mercy College
B.S. (1984) | Political Science / American Constitutional Government
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
La Rama Judicial de Puerto Rico  # 9200
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
200 Questions Answered

Q. Can by balance of 35k be reduced or 0 out in Puerto Rico?
A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. You can and must get the Child support order reviewed and ceased. You also need to request credit for payments made directly to the Child while he was in your physical custody (residing) and / or under your care. This is amatter that you problably would want to use an Attorney for the process. If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.
Q. Is it possible to move to New York from Puerto Rico without the father's permission?
A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. You will need the Father's consent to travel with the child to New York. If the Father does not give consent then you will need to request Court Authority for travel and transfer of the Child to New York. Your case presents a special complication. Both parents are still underaged minors since they have not reached the age of twenty one. You need to be emancipated under law. Then you need to create a plan of action. This included place to live, employment, public services, Child caré etc. Your plan must take into consideratión the Father's visitation rights. You will be in need of an Attorney to emancipated you and present the request to the Courts for authorization to travel with the Child to New York. If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.
Q. Whats the scoop on transferring auto loans in Puerto Rico, Affidavit vs no affadavit, How does it work on both sides?
A: Hello and thank you for using Justia. You will not find any laws since it is ilegal to transfer an account without the lender's authorization. There are many instances that have occured where the vehicle is sold to a third party but the title and loan continue in the name that appears on the loan. Thus a very risky business to partake in. The lender has a garantee and a lean on said vehicle. They are the real owner until the loan has been paid off in full. If you need additional information please feel free to contact me directly.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Isla verde
Carolina, PR 00979
Telephone: (787) 942-0731
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.

Select up to 3 lawyers.