Free Consultation: (909) 381-2771Tap to Call This Lawyer
Nancy J. Wallace

Nancy J. Wallace

Real Workers Comp Help: Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law
  • Workers' Compensation
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Nancy has more than 30 years of experience in workers comp in the Inland Empire, starting as a law clerk defending Comp Insurance Companies, watching insurance companies refuse help people seriously hurt at work. In 1994, she left defense to represent only injured workers. Nancy knows what it is to be injured and trying to work and support a family. In the Inland Empire 30 years, Nancy knows which physicians and facilities truly help injured workers (and which ones just give lip service but no help). Nancy answers questions for workers throughout the state on,, and on her website:

Practice Area
Workers' Compensation
Video Conferencing
  • Google Meet
  • Skype
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    YOU don't ever write me a check; the Judge orders the insurer to pay me after I help you get paid on your claim.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Workers Comp fees are just 15%, NOT 40% like personal injury attorneys. NO FEE IS PAID UNTIL YOUR CLAIM CLOSES. [You never pay the fee directly...the insurer pays a part of your award to the attorney, per the judge's order.]
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Spanish: Written
  • Tagalog: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Nancy Wallace, Attorney at Law
- Current
Represented Injured Workers and Physicians and Diagnostic Facilities before the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board.
Judge Pro Tem, Small Claims Court
County of San Bernardino Superior Court
Small Claims Court matters
Kegel Tobin & Truce
Defended Travelers, School Districts in Workers' Compensation actions across Calif.
Mark & Bolson
Workers' Compensation defense for The Hartford, Farmers, County of Riverside, County of San Bernardino, San Bernardino City School District.
Parker & Dally
Workers Compensation Defense PLUS Estate Planning
Western State College of Law at Argosy University
J.D. | Law
Honors: American Jurisprudence Award, Criminal Procedure; Editor, The Dictum (Student newspaper); Honors Moot Court
Activities: Women's Law Association; Latino Student Bar Assoc.
Western State College of Law at Argosy University Logo
Three Best Rated San BErnardino Employment Lawyers
Honored as one of the best 3 Employment Law attorneys in the San Bernardino Valley.
Top Contributor Award
Found to be a Top Contributor by peers on Avvo for outstanding answers to Workers Compensation questions
Client's Choice Award
Clients' Favorite Workers Compensation attorney for 2012
Professional Associations
San Bernardino County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Lawyers of Distinction
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Calif. Applicants' Attorneys assoc.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Assoc.
- Current
Activities: Law Day
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Workers Comp: Welcome to Outer Space, Law Day, Anaheim
Handel on the Law
A talk on the new regulations for securing medications and treatment under the current workers comp laws, and why adjusters get to deny medication and doctor visits and how to fix that.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
359 Questions Answered
Q. 1 year reporting deadline for filing workers compensation for cumulative injuries clarification?
A: You had pain in joints you KNEW to be "exacerbated by work". THAT could be found by the WCAB Judge to be knowledge of an industrial injury. Then there were MRI studies showing damage; that could be knowledge of an industrial injury (unless you know that damage occurred some other way). When you had to apply for disability, you had knowledge the damage became labor-disabling, which also could be the time when there is knowledge of an industrial injury. If you were to tell an evaluating physician you knew the job was making the joints get progressively worse as of a date more than a year ago, say you knew the job made the joints worse in 2021, your own words make the claim late. If there is nothing from any physician in the medical records about the job causing part of this condition and you testify under oath or tell the evaluating doctor you were not aware this was a work-related condition until last 11 months back or sooner, you are within the 1-year statute requirement. So be very VERY careful with your words, and check to see what nurses and doctors wrote in your chart!!! ... Read More
Q. How to get wife paid to take care of me at home. I’ve been deemed 100% disabled from workers comp in California.
A: My clients who have had some success with this are without assets and entitled to In-Home Support Services, IHSS. So the Treating PHysician writes you require HOME HEALTH CARE with a Care Provider, You apply to In-Home Support Services IHSS for a caregiver and your wife applies to be your caregiver. I see this with parent-children regularly, but the parent has zero assets. ANOTHER technique would be to have the Treating PHysician write up an RFA for Home Health Care and specify that your wife be the care provider due to her 24-hr access. When the insurer denies this, your attorney will have to get to a trial on treatment at the WCAB to get a judge to order this.
Q. I worked at a pizza chain in CA. On 7 hour shifts, My boss said take 1 rest and 1 meal break. Was I entitled to 2 rests?
A: YOU ARE CORRECT. California Law gets you 1 PAID 10-min (uninterrupted!) break after 3.5 hours, then a second after 6.1 hours. You must be allowed your unpaid meal break (30 min minimum) within 5 hours of starting the shift. You cannot be required to work during any required rest breaks. [Cal. Lab. C. 226.7]. BUT, you are free to skip your rest breaks provided your boss isn’t encouraging or forcing you to. So I'll wager this owner/manager will claim his staff volunteers to work through their second break.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Grand Terrace Professional Plaza
22365 Barton Road Suite 202
Grand Terrace, CA 92313
Telephone: (909) 381-2771
Fax: (909) 381-2791
Monday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Tuesday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM (Today)
Wednesday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Thursday: 9:30 AM - 7:30 PM
Friday: 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM
Saturday: 12 PM - 4 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Weekends and evenings by appointment. Telephone conferences 7 days/week. First consult is free.
San Bernardino Mountains
PO Bx 2389
Lake Gregory, CA 92325
Telephone: (909) 381-2771
Fax: (909) 381-2791
Monday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Tuesday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM (Today)
Wednesday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Thursday: 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM
Friday: 4:30 PM - 8 PM
Saturday: 4:30 PM - 7 PM
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Weekends and evenings by appointment. I can meet you at Higher Grounds Coffee in Crestline, and Starbucks inside Jensens in Blue jay. Your first consultation is free.
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.