Free Consultation: (215) 752-6200Tap to Call This Lawyer

Michael Drew Raisman

Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C.
  • Family Law, Estate Planning, Probate...
  • New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Attorney Michael D. Raisman is a resident of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and is licensed to practice law in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Mr. Raisman received his Juris Doctorate degree from Syracuse University College of Law in 2006. Prior to that, he received his Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematical Sciences along with a minor in Business Administration from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA. Mr. Raisman has practiced law since 2006, spending most of his career in Bucks County. He focuses in the areas of family law, estate administration, and real estate law.

Practice Areas
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Real Estate Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C.
- Current
Syracuse University College of Law
J.D. (2006) | Law
Carnegie Mellon University
B.S. (2003) | Mathematical Sciences
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar
Montgomery County Bar Association
- Current
Bucks County Bar Association
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. How do I get a copy of my grandmother's will apparently I was left something in the will but no one ever told me
A: If the will was probated, then you can get a copy at the local Register of Wills. You can also reach out to the executor who has an obligation to notify all heirs that an estate has been opened.
Q. We live in PA. We filed a Will and my fiancé left me the house. Do I need to b on the house title to be really Legal??
A: It depends on the deed and will. If the house was owned by your fiancé and his wife who predeceased him as tenants by the entireties, then the house would have become his upon the death of his wife. If the will leaving the house to you is valid, then the children shouldn't be able to make a claim.
Q. My father died in February of 2017. Stepmother refuses to let me see his will. How can I see it
A: If an estate was opened, you can go to the local Register of Wills. If not, you can file a Petition requiring your stepmother to produce the will. If there is no will, then the estate goes through intestate which would give 50% of the estate to his wife, and 50% to his children.
Q. My mother remarried and found an old bank account of deceased husbands. Why can she not access the money?
A: If the bank account is in her deceased husband's name, then she may need to open up his estate. The bank probably will not give her the funds until she begins probate. In that case, she'll either need to present the will to the Register of Wills (of which you would then be entitled to see), or it will go through intestacy in which case you may be entitled to part of it, depending on the amount of the bank account and any deductions payable through the estate. I do not see why she would need to divorce her current husband or change her name back - it doesn't make sense. You should speak with an attorney about your rights.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
174 Middletown Blvd.
Suite 300
Langhorne, PA 19047
Toll-Free: (215) 752-6200