Free Consultation: (215) 814-0395Tap to Call This Lawyer
Patrick J Cooper

Patrick J Cooper

Family Matters. Experience Counts.
  • Divorce, Family Law, Bankruptcy
  • New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Patrick J. Cooper, Esquire is a Partner in the Law firm of Sadek and Cooper. Patrick started with the firm in 2009 as an associate attorney and through his hard work and dedication the firm’s family law practice has flourished with hundreds of satisfied clients. Patrick became a named Partner of Sadek and Cooper in 2013. Patrick specializes in Divorce, Custody and Child Support and is also well-versed in the areas of Bankruptcy Law and Mortgage Foreclosure Defense.

Patrick is a Graduate of the Pennsylvania State University and The University of Pittsburgh School of Law. Patrick is active within the family law community and currently sits on the executive board of the Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Court for Family Law attorneys. Patrick’s goal is to provide first class legal services in a compassionate and affordable manner.

Contact Sadek and Cooper today to schedule a free consultation at 215-545-0008.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
  • Free Consultation
    For family law matters, we charge a nominal consultation fee of $100. For debt relief matters, we offer a free initial consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Sadek and Cooper Law Offices
University of Pittsburgh School of Law
J.D. (2009)
University of Pittsburgh School of Law Logo
Pennsylvania State University - University Park
Pennsylvania State University - University Park Logo
Top 40 Under 40
The National Advocates
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar  # 307618
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Court
Executive Committee Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Family Law Issues During COVID-19 Pandemic, Saturday Night Live with Philly Labor, Talk Radio 1210 WPHT
Bankruptcy and Family Law, Nicholas A. Cipriani American Inn of Courts
Legal Answers
2 Questions Answered
Q. I need Pre-Nup advice
A: First, you should consult with an experienced local divorce attorney. Make sure that you bring a copy of your pre-nuptial agreement to the consultation. Some attorneys offer a free initial consultation and some charge a fee. Either way, if you consult with the right attorney, that will be time and money well spent. Depending on the terms of your pre-nuptial agreement, you may be entitled to receive spousal support or alimony pendente lite (alimony pending the litigation). It is also possible that your pre-nuptial agreement may be able to be "set aside." The invalidation of a pre-nuptial agreement would necessitate that you satisfy some very specific requirements. The facts surrounding the disclosure of assets and debts, drafting, and execution of the agreement would all need to be evaluated by an experienced divorce lawyer. I wish you all the best during this difficult time and I urge you to seek qualified legal counsel.
Q. Both parties are consenting to divorce but have been separated for 10 years. Does the 90 day waiting period still count?
A: This is a great question. Unfortunately the rules of procedure in divorce cases can be confusing. The Pennsylvania Divorce Code requires different waiting periods depending on the parties' date of separation. Once the parties have been separated for over one or two years (depending on their date of separation the waiting period varies) then either spouse can file an affidavit with the court stating the date of separation which then must be served on the other party in the same manner as the divorce complaint. If the other party does not contest that date of separation or voluntarily waives any further notice prior to finalization of the case then If you did not do this yet then you would need to go back and do it before you could try to proceed under section 3301(d) of the Code. Otherwise, if you are willing to wait the extra time, you can wait until the 90 day waiting period has expired and move forward under section 3301(c) of the Code. My best advice here would be to hire an experienced divorce attorney to make sure that the case is finalized as quickly and with as few headaches as possible. -Patrick J. Cooper, Esquire
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Sadek and Cooper Law Offices
1500 John F. Kennedy Boulevard
Suite 220
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Telephone: (215) 814-0395
Delaware County Office
1489 Baltimore Pike
Suite 218
Springfield, PA 19064
Telephone: (215) 814-0395
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.