Associate Kandis Kovalsky is an accomplished business lawyer representing both corporate and individual clients in a broad range of complex commercial litigation matters in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state, federal and bankruptcy courts.
Kandis represents clients in all aspects of commercial litigation, particularly in matters involving business torts, partnership and shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, unfair and deceptive business practices actions, creditor’s rights and civil RICO actions. Although Kandis’ practice mostly focuses on cases in active litigation, Kandis also assists clients in general business matters and litigation avoidance.
Kandis represents commercial borrowers, secured and unsecured lenders and Chapter 7 trustees in complex bankruptcy cases and adversary proceedings in Pennsylvania and New Jersey bankruptcy courts. Kandis also represents clients in criminal matters involving investigations and prosecutions of financial fraud, theft, criminal RICO violations and securities laws violations.
Kandis has participated in state and federal trials, both jury and non-jury, mediations, binding arbitrations, and injunction and receivership hearings. Although Kandis is a passionate litigator, she has also negotiated many favorable settlements for her clients.
Kandis appreciates that her job allows her to make a difference in people’s lives. She strives to make sure each of her clients achieves the best possible outcome, especially in the context of litigation. Kandis is a problem solver and enjoys developing strategies uniquely tailored to address each of her client’s needs.
Before she attended law school, Kandis was a competitive figure skater for fifteen years. While at University of Delaware, Kandis was an eight-time Intercollegiate National medalist. She was also the vice-president of the University’s figure skating team for three years during which time she helped lead the team to three national medals.
- Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Credit Cards Accepted
- New Jersey
- English: Spoken, Written
- Kang Haggerty & Fetbroyt LLC
- Washington University in St. Louis
- University of Delaware
- American Bar Association
- Delaware Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Editorial Board
- Should an Arbitrator Determine Arbitrability Where a Claim Is 'Wholly Groundless'?
- The Legal Intelligencer
- Self-Authentication of ESI Under Federal Rule of Evidence 902
- The Legal Intelligencer
- Kandis L. Kovalsky's Website Profile
- Kang Haggerty & Fetbroyt LLC Website
- Business Litigation Trends For Lawyers
- Social Media and the SEC: Elon Musk is Still Tweeting
1 March 2019
- Legal Intelligencer: US Supreme Court Settles the ‘Wholly Groundless’ Exception. Or Has It?
24 January 2019
- Legal Intelligencer: Defending Officers and Directors From a Lawsuit by the Company
7 January 2019
4 January 2019
- Legal Intelligencer: Pa. Law Firms Must Learn From the Past to Improve Diversity in the Future
12 December 2018
- Have the Courts Made Room for Inevitability Under the Defend Trade Secrets Act?
29 November 2018
- Legal Intelligencer: When Noncompete Agreements Involve Competing Laws
8 November 2018
- Legal Intelligencer: Why Lawyers Should Care About Emojis
18 October 2018
- Firm FinCEN’s Customer Due Diligence Rule and Implementation
21 September 2018
- Kang Haggerty & Fetbroyt LLC News
- Jackie Fetbroyt presents on Business Contracts in 10 Simple Steps for NBI
18 March 2019
- Edward Kang writes on finding a Niche Defending against Business Betrayals for the ABA’s Law Practice Today
15 March 2019
- KHF Sponsors Voorhees Business Association Bowling Fundraiser
27 February 2019
- Beth Hurley and Mika Kapnoutzi Join Kang Haggerty & Fetbroyt
5 December 2018
- KHF Earns Tier 1 Ranking from U.S. News “Best Law Firms” 2019
21 November 2018
- In Memoriam: Ajit Phillips
8 November 2018
- Kalogerakis Named to “Philadelphia’s Most Influential African Americans” List; Featured in Legal Intelligencer Q&A on Barristers’ Leadership
24 September 2018
- Kalogerakis Elected President of the Barristers’ Association
12 September 2018
- Jacklyn Fetbroyt on “Negotiating Business Contracts”
29 August 2018