- Family Law, Divorce, Arbitration & Mediation
- California, Massachusetts
The founder of Shulman Family Law Group, Maya Shulman offers legal representation to those in Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties who are dealing with issues of family law, including divorce and custody. Her years of working with complex, difficult family law matters prepared her to handle complicated matters of move away cases, interstate and international family law. With a deep commitment to confidentiality and discretion, Ms. Shulman often handles complex matters of custody, surrogacy and entangled divorce for residents of California.
Maya moved to the United States from her native Latvia 28 years ago, after attending University of Latvia School of Medicine. Ms. Shulman earned a Bachelor of Arts with a major in psychology from Brooklyn College in 1995, then went on to earn her Juris Doctor from the University of West Los Angeles School of Law in 1999. A former family law instructor at the paralegal program at the Los Angeles Valley College, Ms. Shulman is admitted to practice in Massachusetts and California, and before the Supreme Court of California, the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and the U. S. Supreme Court.
Also handling matters of adoption and assisted reproduction technologies, Ms. Shulman is a member of the family law sections of The Los Angeles County Bar Association, the San Fernando Valley Bar Association and the American Bar Association. Other professional associations and memberships include The International Association of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists, the California Receivers Forum, the Los Angeles County Psychological Association and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
With the ability to speak Russian, and understand Slavic languages of Eastern Europe, Ms. Shulman is well versed in the issues the US immigrant population faces and has worked in the past with St. Vincent’s Center for Family Law.
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Supreme Court of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- City Univ of New York - Brooklyn Coll
- Undergraduate Degree
- Univ of West Los Angeles
- Law Degree
- California State Bar  # 207503
- - Current
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.