Free Consultation: (818) 501-8987Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Steve A. Buchwalter Justia Connect Pro Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

Steve Buchwalter Law Offices
  • Securities Law, Arbitration & Mediation, Stockbroker & Investment Fraud ...
  • California
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Steve Buchwalter has been protecting investors in Southern California for over 25 years. He advocates for individuals, non-profits and corporations in Securities Law, Arbitration & Mediation, and Stockbroker & Investment Fraud matters. Additionally, he assists businesses with legal formation and legal disputes.

Steve brings unique insight and understanding to his representation as a former licensed commodity trading adviser and stockbroker. Recognized as an expert in his field, he has successfully resolved over 400 cases. In 2009, Steve received the largest California judgement of 4.2 billion for his client.

Steve is dedicated to providing legal representation with commitment and integrity. Contact Steve today for a free consultation to see how he can help you.

Practice Areas
    Securities Law
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
    Stockbroker & Investment Fraud
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
    Investors are generally represented on a contingency basis.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Sole Practitioner
Steve Buchwalter Law Offices
Staff Attorney
Investors Arbitration Services, Inc
University of La Verne College of Law
J.D. (1993)
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 168501
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Confirming and Vacating Arbitration Awards
Websites & Blogs
Steve A. Buchwalter's Website Profile
Steve Buchwalter Law Offices Website
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered
Q. how can I take wells Fargo for arbitration which is part of contract, but now they refuse to even answer my request for
A: If there is an arbitration agreement, it should be in your account opening documents. If your dispute is with the securities part of Wells, you can can get more information on filing it here:

You should get an attorney to represent you as they will have them on their side.

Good luck.
Q. Do I need to attend the status conference meeting on 5/16 if a judgement was filed & divorce will be final in 6/13/23?
A: Call the courtroom and ask the clerk.
Q. How long does a Company have to pay me Back Pay and job back after winning in Arbitration?
A: I do not know how union arbitration awards are enforced. With a normal arbitration, the arbitration agreement or award says that the award can be confirmed as a judgment. In those cases, you would confirm the award as a judgment and enforce the judgment.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Steve Buchwalter Law Offices
Main Office Location
16133 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436
Telephone: (818) 501-8987
Fax: (818) 501-0980
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.