I am a criminal defense attorney in Houston, TX. I have the experience to effectively protect you, your freedom and your criminal record. I have represented clients in Houston and the surrounding areas facing a wide range of charges, including DWI, federal offenses, felony charges, misdemeanors, theft crimes, assault, weapons charges, and drug crimes. Give me a call to discuss your case today during a free and confidential consultation. I am happy to answer legal questions for anyone, and I keep communication open with my client to give them peace of mind as a I defend them from their charges. I value honesty, and I will not try to scare you or mislead you as to what may happen with your case. My experience as an a lawyer can be a great benefit to you as you face this difficult situation. I am a graduate of the University of Houston's Law Center, where I contributed to the UH Health Law Journal. Prior to my legal education in Houston, I graduated from Texas A&M Corpus Christi with honors, earning a Bachelor's degree in European History. Even before earning my J.D. at UH in 2003, I was involved in criminal trial litigation as an assistant to Attorney Terry Yates. For years, I have devoted myself to the practice of criminal trial litigation in the Houston area. For the highest quality of criminal defense, call me today to schedule a free consultation. Every case is unique, and I can analyze your situation to give you a thorough explanation of what to expect during the criminal justice process ahead of you. I am dedicated to confidently representing each client and refusing to back down from a tough situation. My clients trust me to keep them updated as their case proceeds, and to tenaciously fight for their futures.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury
- Drug Crimes
- Probation Violation
- Record Sealing
- Violent Crimes
- Free Consultation
Call for a free consultation to discuss your case.
- Credit Cards Accepted
I accept all major credit cards.
- Contingent Fees
- 5th Circuit
- Criminal Lawyer
- Houston Criminal Defense
- - Current
- Practicing criminal defense lawyer in Houston and surrounding counties. We only handle criminal cases.Please contact us if you have been contacted by the police for any reason. We handle federal, felony, misdemeanor, DWI, drugs, weapons, guns, assault, fraud, theft, and any other types of charges. We put our clients first with exceptional client response and access to our attorney Matt Horak.
- Assistant District Attorney
- Harris County District Attorney's Office
- Investigated, evaluated, and tried all types of cases from Class C misdemeanors to first degree felonies.
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi
- B.A. / European History
- University Of Houston
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- - Current
- N.W. Harris County Bar Association
- - Current
- Texas State Bar # 24035148
- - Current
- Texas County and District Attorney Association
A sex crime defense attorney in Houston describes the potentially life-altering consequences of sex offender registration. Attorney Matt Horak discusses some of the options available to your defense.Houston Violation of Probation | Violation of Community Supervision Terms in Texas
Houston Violation of Probation Attorney explains defenses in VOP cases. Visit Matt Horak's video to learn more from an experienced criminal defense attorney.