Mary Jane Goodwin

Mary Jane Goodwin

Goodwin & Pruette, Attorneys at Law, LLC
  • Divorce, Domestic Violence, Family Law
  • South Carolina
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

M. J. Goodwin has been a practicing Family Court lawyer in Anderson, South Carolina, and the surrounding counties, since 1991. M. J. Goodwin is a 1987 graduate of Clemson University. She graduated from the School of Law at the University of South Carolina in 1991. She was admitted to the South Carolina Bar that same year. She began her career in Anderson as a prosecutor with the Tenth Circuit Solicitor’s Office. After establishing herself as familiar figure in the Family and Criminal Courtrooms in Anderson, she opened her own firm in 1994. In 2012, she founded Goodwin & Pruette, Attorneys at Law, LLC, and added Todd Pruette to the firm. M. J. Goodwin and Todd Pruette believe that everyone should have competent, zealous representation when facing any situation involving a Court. Family Court is the most emotional, stressful Court that any litigant can face. It is crucial to have an experienced attorney who can give solid legal advice and temper it with common sense. Please review our references to see what M. J. Goodwin and Todd Pruette have done for others and what they may be able to do for you. We have Legal Knowledge and Common Sense. Put it to work for you! We are proud of our record and look forward to having the opportunity to help you with your Family Court case in Upstate South Carolina.

Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Goodwin & Pruette charges $100 for the initial consultation. This $100 is applied toward the retainer fee if the case is accepted. A client can expect a minimum retainer fee in Family Court to be between $2500 and $10,000, depending on the situation.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
South Carolina
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney
Goodwin & Pruette, Attorneys at Law, LLC
- Current
Contract Attorney
South Carolina Department of Social Services
Handled Family Court cases involving abuse and neglect of children and vulnerable adults for the SC Department of Social Services (DSS)
Founding Attorney; Solo Practice
M. J. Goodwin, Attorney at Law, LLC
Prosecutor; Assistant Solicitor
Tenth Circuit Solicitor's Office
M. J. Goodwin prosecuted a wide variety of criminal cases in both Family Court and the Court of General Sessions
University of South Carolina
Placeholder image for education.
Clemson University
B.A. (1987) | Modern Language
Honors: Dean's List
Activities: Delta Gamma Sorority
Clemson University Logo
Professional Associations
South Carolina State Bar  # 64163
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered
Q. My husband is an alcoholic , has been unemployed for a year . He refuses to leave , what are my options?
A: You can file for a divorce even though he is still in the home. The judge would then decide who has to leave. You need to hire/pay an experienced divorce attorney.
Q. Can my car just be taken from me
A: There is not enough information to answer this. If the car is marital property, it is subject to equitable distribution. It doesn't matter whose name it's in. You need an experienced attorney to represent you in your divorce.
Q. homeless now
A: You need an attorney. If that is a court order, then you have to leave. If it's a pleading, it means that is what the other party is asking the court to do. There is not enough information here to provide an answer. You need an experienced divorce attorney. You will have to hire/pay an attorney to help you with this.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
113 N Main St
Anderson, SC 29621
Telephone: (864) 375-0909
Fax: (864) 375-9488
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.