Iván M. Alers is an Attorney and Notary at Law. He focus his practice in civil law litigation and Immigration Law. Iván is admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico's courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico. As attorney, he can practice Immigration Law in all U.S. States and its territories.
- Immigration Law
- Personal Injury
- Insurance Claims
- Family Law
- General Civil
- Notary Public
- Contingent Fees
Contact us for details 787-448-2408.
- Immigration Law
- Puerto Rico
- US District Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Interamerican University of Puerto Rico School of Law
- J.D. (2003) | Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Tribunal Supremo de Puerto Rico
- Attorney – Counselor at Law
- US Ditrict Court for the District of Puerto Rico
- Ivan M. Alers Website
Lcdo Ivan M Alers: Abogado y Notario en Puerto Rico con Practica Estatal y Federal. (787)448-2408 http://www.alerslaw.comCapitulaciones Matrimoniales - Lcdo Ivan M Alers
Informacion general sobre Capitulaciones Matrimoniales en Puerto Rico Lcdo Ivan M Alers Abogado Notario Practica Estatal y Federal http://www.alerslaw.com Telf. 787-448-2408 music by http://www.danosongs.comDaños y Perjuicios: Lcdo. Ivan M. Alers 787-448-2408
Daños y Perjuicios, Caídas, Accidentes, Puerto Rico, Llama Hoy 787-448-2408.Divorcio en Puerto Rico - Lcdo Ivan M Alers
Lcdo Ivan M Alers: Presentación General sobre el Divorcio en Puerto Rico. No es una consulta legal. Para detalles sobre su caso consulte un abogado. (787)448-2408. http://www.alerslaw.com
- Q. Proper way to handle coming to USA.
- A: There are to many facts and circumstances in your question. However the first step is to determine whether he is inadmissible. As you may understand, each case is unique. Therefore, we strongly suggest that you look for an immigration lawyer for detailed consultation on your case.
- Q. I have a green card and just got a DUI. Will I be deported?
- A: A green card can be revoked if the LPR commits certain crimes, in some cases drunk driving convictions. If you received a notice to appear into immigration court for removal proceedings, seek an Immigration Attorney immediately.
- Q. If I was under duress and I signed a separation AGR. paying for alimony for life will a judge awad it to her at trial
- A: If the agreement was signed under duress, It could be set aside by a court for lack of consent. In P.R., support for an ex spouse is base on necessity. Your ex will have to prove the need for the support.
- Q. My kids father lives in New York, I live in Puerto Rico w his two kids, where would I proceed w child support.
- A: Go to ASUME in PR.
- Q. My Mother passed and her husband has kids from previous marriage, by remarrying , how does it change our inheritance?
- A: In general you inherit just from your parents. In Puerto Rico the law provide for forced heirs. These are, in general, your children and the grandchildren, etc. The children from other relations of your spouse are not your forced heirs. You should make a will (testament) to include those children in your heritage. Therefore, when your step dad pass away, his children will inherit from him, not the children of his future spouse, nor you. Of course, if no will is made.
- Q. Is "execuatur" needed if I got sole custody & physical placement of my kids through the RI family court stipulation; PR?
- A: If the document is not a private document, but a court order, it is necessary the execuator procedure to validate that court order in PR. That process is in the Civil Procedure Rules. In most, if not in all jurisdictions, is such a procedure for the validation of court rulings, orders, etc., from other jurisdictions. It is not a "strange" procedure.
- Q. MY MOM PASSED AWAY AND LEFT THE DEED OF THE HOUSE TO 3 CHILDREN BUT SHE HAS 5 KIDS.ARE THE OTHER 2 ENTITLED WHEN SOLD
- A: If what you said is that the deed of the house reads that the owners are the 3 children, then it is probably that the house is not part of the heritage. However, in general, if there is no will, all her children are her forced heirs. As forced heirs all 5 have the right to receive an equal proportion of all property and values left. Therefore, you need to determine if the house is part of the heritage. Please contact a Probate Attorney to assist you in these legal issues.
- Q. My wife and I are not legally divorced she left PR to love in fl with her mom and took my 2 yr. She lied and left to see
- A: You should file a provisional custody case in court ASAP. Contact a family lawyer or any Legal Services organization. Do it before she makes any allegations and complaints against you before the any law and order authority or in court. In addition, address the legal issue of your separation.
- Q. My mother died suddenly during a routine operation and left no will. How do I proceed?
- A: In P.R., you must file in the court a petition for a Declaration of Heirs. If you don't have good communication with your brother, it is strongly suggested that you seek a probate attorney ASAP in the area where the house is located.