Free Consultation: (615) 933-5182Tap to Call This Lawyer
Lawrence James Arnkoff

Lawrence James Arnkoff

Criminal Defense- Federal and State- Tennessee and Florida
  • White Collar Crime, Criminal Law, DUI & DWI ...
  • Florida, Tennessee
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    White Collar Crime
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    DUI & DWI
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Entertainment & Sports Law
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business - Arbitration/Mediation, Consumer - Arbitration/Mediation, Family - Arbitration/Mediation
Additional Practice Area
  • Federal Criminal Defense
  • Free Consultation
    In most cases I will provide a free telephonic or office consultation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    I use Law Pay- I believe they take most credit cards
  • Contingent Fees
    In negligence or personal injury cases
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    For most criminal cases I set flat fees or sometimes I agree to hourly rates depending on the work that needs to be done.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
6th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
University of Miami
J.D. (1974) | Law
University of Miami Logo
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
B.A. (1971) | History
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor Logo
Professional Associations
Tennessee Bar  # 026140
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 178570
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Law Office of Lawrence Arnkoff
Legal Answers
34 Questions Answered
Q. Can I retain an attorney while I'm on the run from a charge? Or will they make me turn myself in.
A: Yes, you can retain an attorney even if you are a fugitive. Your attorney can then give you advice

on how to best resolve your situation. That most likely will include surrendering at some point.

However your attorney cannot compel you to do anything you don't wish to do nor can he or she actively

participate in any action that would encourage you to remain a fugitive. Hire an experienced criminal defense

attorney and he or she should have the knowledge and experience necessary to best counsel you

in this situation.
Q. what happens if i couldn't get a lawyer in time for court
A: Don't panic. If the Court determines you are indigent and cannot afford to hire

counsel an attorney will be appointed. If you are not indigent or you

prefer to hire private counsel most likely the judge will give you a

reasonable amount of time to hire one. Be prepared to tell the judge

what your current financial situation is and if you wish to hire counsel

tell the Judge you have an attorney in mind and how much time you will need to retain

him or her.
Q. I am 16 and was caught stealing gifts cards at walmart, so they fired me and said they would file a police report
A: Due to your age you should be charged as a juvenile although they have the ability to

charge you as an adult. If you are charged as a juvenile I don't see any realistic way

your parents will not be involved. Where in Tennessee did this happen?
View More Answers
Contact & Map
5115 Maryland Way
Brentwood, TN 37027
Telephone: (615) 933-5182
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.