Free Consultation: (206) 223-1601Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kevin R. Richardson

Kevin R. Richardson

  • Personal Injury, DUI & DWI, Divorce...
  • Washington
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law
Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • DUI & DWI
  • Divorce
  • Arbitration & Mediation
Additional Practice Areas
  • Car Accidents
  • General
  • General Civil
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Seattle University School of Law
J.D. (1991) | Law, Trial Advocacy, and Conflict Resolution
Seattle University School of Law Logo
Professional Associations
Washington State Bar # 21125
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington State Association for Justice
Eagle Member
Placeholder image for professional associations.
International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
Placeholder image for professional associations.
King County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Yakima County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal District Court (Western and Eastern Districts of Washington)
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
10 Questions Answered

Q. WA, if we agree on shared custody and she doesn't want child support can the court mandate it or allow our agreement
A: It can be allowed, but it depends greatly on both of your incomes and how a few other things are accounted for in your divorce. Long story short is the child support must be calculated by the court. However, there can be ways to get it to a zero net transfer if the facts of the case allow for it. Contact an attorney. It sounds like it would be money well spent even if you have to pays a few hundred dollars to get the best information or to explain how child support may work in your case. Remember, such things as tax planning or payment for other expenses may impact the calculations. Good luck. -Kevin
Q. How much does a personal injury lawyer cost?
A: Nothing upfront or to review your claim. If the case is taken on by the law firm, then the most typical fee arrangement is called a Contingency Fee, which is where the firm takes a percentage out of the money the collect on your behalf. The Standard rate is 33% with escalation clause to 40% or even 45% depending on if a lawsuit needs to be filed or the case brought through active litigation. You should speak to an attorney about your options and you should not be charged for the case review. Good luck, -Kevin
Q. For visitation parenting plan requires drug, alcohol treatment & monthly urine tests. Who do I send results to?
A: It sounds very much like you need to get the courts involved. And it also sounds like there may already be certain requirements in place regarding a Third Party Custody case. You should set up an appointment right away with an attorney as this area of law is a bit complicated and the particular facts of your case, and even the court, may determine what is the best course for you to take. Long story short, at a minimum people need to follow the existing orders; and if they are don't, then the court can compel their cooperation or even change the order. At the other end of the things, you need to make sure that the court is following the legal requirements for placing your child outside of parental care and you may even be able to undo what was done before. Best of luck. -Kevin
Q. does the State of Washington allow for Post high school child support/college support? Child is 19, lives with me.
A: Yes, but it depends on if the court still has jurisdiction over the child. More facts are needed and you should speak with an attorney. But the long story short is that if your current divorce was started before your child turned 18 or other emancipated, then the court likely has jurisdictions to order post High School support if it makes since under the facts of your case. Please speak to an attorney directly. The basic rules for this type of support can be found at I would not finalize your divorce case without getting a firm answer on the question you asked. Best of luck. -Kevin
Q. Can I get in trouble for letting my girlfriend stay at my parent's house?
A: You did not share too many facts. And, more facts may change my answer, but the answer is basically no. What you can do is set up an appointment with an attorney or even call the local shelters, the YWCA, domestic violence organizations, or the local attorney Bar Association for some specific advice or referrals. One question I have is do people now where she is and if she is safe? Law enforcement for example may be looking for her. I definitely want her to stay safe and there are resources to help, especially if she she was subject to domestic violence. Best of luck to you. -Kevin
Q. In a non parent custody case when non parent is deinig any visitation to parents no visitations plan in motion
A: Speak to an attorney. There are a lot of facts left out, but it sounds like there is an open case with the court. To find an another key, there are local Bar Associations referral services, pro bono clinics in many areas, and the court itself will likely have resources on area programs. Long story short, you need to get a court order that is in the children's best interests and sets out what needs to be done on your end. However there are a lot of legal issues at work. An attorney should be able to help
Q. What is an uncontested resolution?
A: An Uncontested Resokution is when the parties agree on way to conclude the charges in such a way that makes sense. However, he best way to reach the best agreement is to have an experienced attorney on your side who knows your rights and how to properly defend you.
Q. Broke ankle exiting truck, off work 12+ weeks. Filed claim for lost wages. Insurance denied citing a case and stating:
A: You likely have a Labor and Industry claim, but you need to provide much more information. The best response is to call an attorney and set up an appointment to speak about the specific facts of your claim. Most law firms, including our own, provided no-fee consultations. Feel free to reach out at (253) 848-4208 or
Q. The opposing party in my family law case erased several questions from the interrogatories. Will there be consequences?
A: Only of you pursue the issue. No consequences unless you take action. You need to try to resolve issue on your own by asking that the answers be provided. If not, then ask court to make them answer with a motion to compel. Good luck.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
1333 Stewart St
Seattle, WA 98101
Telephone: (206) 223-1601
Cell: (253) 848-4208