Free Consultation: (877) 800-1007Tap to Call This Lawyer
Gordon Charles Webb

Gordon Charles Webb

Top 100 Litigation Lawyers Washington State
  • Maritime, Personal Injury
  • Alaska, Oregon, Washington
Rate This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

Gordon Charles Webb is recognized by the American Society of Legal Advocates as one of the top 100 Litigation lawyers in the State of Washington. He is also one of the principal founding members of Seattle Maritime Attorneys and Webb Law Firm, a specialized firm with offices in Bellevue and Seattle. Gordon is licensed to practice in all State and Federal Courts of the State of Washington. He holds a Master's Degree in Maritime Law from Tulane University Law School, and has represented hundreds of clients in personal injury, wage claims, bankruptcy claims and other matters involving litigation, trials, arbitration and mediation of cases arising in Washington, California, the East Coast and other interesting venues around the world.

Practice Areas
  • Maritime
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
  • Admiralty & Maritime Law
  • Cruise Ship Accidents & Claims
  • Catastrophic Injuries
  • Automobile Accidents
  • Bicycle & Motorcycle Accidents
  • Cruise Ship Sexual Assault
  • Cruise Passenger Disappearances
  • Seaman's Claims
  • Shore Excursions
  • Boating Accidents
  • Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
  • Limb Loss & Amputations
  • Impaired Vision & Blindness
  • Traumatic Brain Injuries
  • Burn & Scald Injuries
  • Pedestrian Accidents
  • Dog Bite Injuries
  • Paralysis and Spinal Cord Injuries
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly Rates Available Upon Request
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
9th Circuit
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Washington
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
  • English
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
- Current
Founder / Partner
- Current
Plaintiff's Litigation and Trial Law Firm
Associate Attorney
Associate, Maritime Defense Litigation Law Firm
Tulane University School of Law
LL.M. (1993) | Admiralty & Maritime Law
Activities: Tulane Maritime Law Review
University of Idaho College of Law
J.D. | Law
Seattle University
B.A. (1987) | Political Science
Honors: Graduated with Honors - Cum Laude
Selected Top 100 Litigation lawyers in the State of Washington
The American Society of Legal Advocates
selected Top 100 Litigation Lawyer in the State of Washington
Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation
Washington State Bar Association
Certificate of Merit Pro Bono Publico
The Canadian Consulate General
Associate Member
Tulane Maritime Law Journal
Professional Associations
Florida State Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
Seattle King County Bar Association
- Current
Washington State Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
Washington State Bar # 22777
- Current
Washington State Bar Association
- Current
Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Current
LLM Admiralty and Maritime Law
Tulane University School of Law
Websites & Blogs
Gordon Charles Webb's Website Profile
John Merriam & Gordon Webb Website
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. Will I lose my house if I file for bankruptcy? I still owe on the mortgage.
A: You certainly will if you stop paying on the mortgage, however, in order to properly answer this question you will need to consult with a bankruptcy lawyer and provide additional information such as the FMV of the home, the amount of mortgage, other possible liens, the amount of equity in the home. Also whether you qualify for Chapter 7 or will be filing chapter 13 are important factors along with the amount of your debt. So really, this question requires more information for a proper answer and for that reason you should consult with attorney.
Q. How long do I have to file a claim if I get injured while working on a fishing boat?
A: 3 years for a Jones Act claim. Consult with a maritime attorney ASAP.
Q. If someone boards my vessel without permission, then refuses to leave, how may I legally evict them?
A: Depending upon additional facts and the particular jurisdiction, probably best to call the local authorities, i.e. Coast Guard, police or sheriff before saying or attempting much other than instructing the individual to leave. Be sure to have a credible witness who can attest to the reasonableness of your actions.
Q. I was injured on a fishing boat, but the boat owner is claiming they're not liable for my medical bills because I was
A: No, as long as you were employed in the service of the vessel your medical bills are covered under the general maritime law doctrine of maintenance and cure.
Q. Am I allowed to keep any of my property if I file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Washington State?
A: Yes. You May keep both personal and real property depending upon its fair market value and the applicable state or federal exemption.
Q. Is the Death On The High Seas Act a claim a family member can file in addition to a wrongful death claim, or instead of
A: Yes if the death occurred on the high seas the lawsuit must be filed under DOSHA by the personal representative of the estate.
Q. Am I allowed to keep any of my property if I file a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Washington State?
A: Yes both real and personal property as long as fair market value and equity within the applicable exemptions.
Q. Can I be arrested if I left a cruise ship in Jamaica owing them $6000?
A: Sheriffs usually don't run around making false threats without acting, but if he is for real - and not some rent a cop - you might respectfully ask him for his basis. . . . . We would need more information, i.e. did you destroy property or just drink to much?
Q. What is an example of a non-exempt asset in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy?
A: Equity in any property over and above the allowable exemption amount. For example if you own a Ferrari free and clear, you will have equity in the car that exceeds the allowable auto exemption amount.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
John Merriam & Gordon Webb
Seattle Office
West Wall Building Fishermen´s Terminal
4005 20th Ave W
Seattle, WA 98199
Toll-Free: (877) 800-1007
Telephone: (206) 729-5252
Fax: (206) 729-1012
John Merriam & Gordon Webb
Fishermen's Terminal
4005 20th Avenue West #110
Seattle, WA 98199
Toll-Free: (425) 454-3800
Telephone: (425) 454-3800
Fax: (425) 307-6446