Free Consultation: (602) 237-5373Tap to Call This Lawyer
Josephine Pesaresi Hallam

Josephine Pesaresi Hallam

Hallam Law Group, PLLC
  • Criminal Law
  • Arizona
Review This Lawyer
Lawyer Rating and Reviews
Legal Knowledge
Legal Analysis
Communication Skills
Ethics and Professionalism
Omer Ramiro Gurion
Omer Ramiro Gurion August 13, 2020
Rating: 10 Lawyer Rating - 10 out of 10
Ms. Hallam is a fierce advocate for her clients. I have seen her go to battle while at the same time lend a hand to help her clients up from the lowest points in their lives. She truly cares about those she helps and is a lioness in the courtroom. I highly recommend her.
Claimed Lawyer ProfileOffers Video ConferencingQ&ASocial Media

Hallam Law Group is an experienced felony trial law firm with an outstanding history of working in criminal courtrooms throughout Arizona. Our law firm offers quality legal counsel in various areas of law including: assault, felony DUI, robbery, domestic violence, sexual abuse, felony shoplifting and many more. Hallam has steered through over a thousand criminal cases and some high-level felonies such as sex crimes, and homicides. Contact our skilled attorneys for a free consultation.

Practice Area
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Video Conferencing
  • FaceTime
  • Zoom
  • FreeConferenceCall
  • Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Trial attorney at the Public Defender’s office
Maricopa County Public Defender
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
J.D. (1997) | Law
University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Logo
Brown University
B.A. (1990) | American Civilization
Brown University Logo
Professional Associations
Maricopa County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Arizona Women's Law Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Arizona  # 018557
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Hallam Law Group
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered
Q. How to defend possession of drug paraphernalia found in vehicle that neither party claimed. Is not defendants P.O. testi
A: The answer the possession charges are fact specific. So: who owned the car? Where was everyone sitting in the car in relation to the drugs? What is everyone’s criminal history? Were the drugs found in anyone’s bag or under anyone’s chair? Were the frustum plain sight?

Is there a 4th amendment search issue in how the drugs were found that can be challenged? Was it a consent search or was the bag of drugs seen during a legal stop? All issues to be investigated.

But drugs have to be in the person’s preview or control to be in their “possession’ and they have to have “knowing control”. So if the drugs were dropped by a passenger unknown to a driver, or hidden by a driver unknown to a passenger, it is going to be hard for the State to prove possession without DNA testing.

Hope that helps! Josephine Pesaresi Hallam

Hallam Law Group

Criminal Trial Attorneys
... Read More
Q. How do I go about getting a court appointed lawyer after receiving a citation?
A: I agree with Attorney Maerowitz. The court has each person do a financial affidavit to see if you are eligible for a public defender. If you meet the criteria of indigency, the next step is to see if you qualify regarding your case qualifications. If the prosecutor is not asking for jail time in your case, then the court will not appoint you a court appointed attorney. Most attorneys give free consultations however. So make a few appointments and ask an attorney during the free consultation what you should expect in court and what you should expect as a plea offer from the state. That way you will go in having some knowledge of what’s going to happen and the sequence of events. I hope that helps. Best of luck.

Josephine Hallam

Hallam Law Group
... Read More
Q. i called police on boyfriend lied to them now boyfriend in custody with charges pending cant afford 7500 need lawyer
A: Call the detective working on the case, or the victims advocate office at the county attorneys office, and tell them that you were not telling the truth.

Give the detective a new statement. And contact your boyfriends attorney. There are victims rights in Arizona, so you will have to waive your right to not speak to the defendants attorney. So tell the defense attorney you are waiving your rights and you would like to speak to him or her regarding your recantation.

I hope that helps! Best of luck

Josephine Pesaresi Hallam

Hallam Law Group
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Hallam Law Group, PLLC
5343 North 16th Street
Suite 200
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Telephone: (602) 237-5373
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.