Claimed Lawyer ProfileLII Silver
- Criminal Law
- Immigration Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Lavy Law
- California Western School of Law
- Honors: Dean’s Honors List; Pro Bono Honors Society; Creative Problem Solving Scholarship
- University of California - Santa Barbara
- B.A. | Law & Society and Spanish
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa – 2005; Deans Honors Award; 2001-2005; Robert E. Wilson Prize (Highest G.P.A. in Spanish Major); City Club Cash Award (Regard for Top Female Graduate)
- Activities: Editor Law & Society Journal
- N.P.R "Your Legal Rights"
- Volunteer / Give free legal advice to callers
- Activities: Guest Legal Expert on NPR. KALW-FM (12/02/2009 and 05/19/2010).
- La Casa de Las Madres, San Francisco Domestic Violence Shelter.
- Active Volunteer.
- American Immigration Lawyers Association ( AILA )
- California Public Defenders Association
- California Trial Lawyers Association
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Bar Association of San Francisco: Lawyer Referral Information Service
- Contra Costa County Bar Association: Criminal Conflict Panel
- Manhattan’s 18B Felony Panel
- San Francisco State University
- Instructor of "The Cross Section Between Immigration and Family Law"
- U.S. Department of Justice; Overseas Prosecutorial Development and Training ("OPDAT").
- Instructor of Trial Advocacy course for Mexican federal prosecutors, police, and experts
Articles & Publications
Websites & Blogs
- Kara Rachel Lavy's Website Profile
- Lavy Law Website
- What Is Our Country’s Immigration Forecast under Republican Presidential Candidates: Rubio, Cruz and Trump?
15 January 2016
- Did You Take An Immigration Safe Plea?
7 April 2014
- Can an LPR erase their criminal history with the 212(h) waiver?
12 February 2014
- Can an overturned conviction be used as evidence for Immigration Court?
11 February 2014
- Does the Trust Act Actually Protect the Detained?
11 February 2014
- Is Blade Runner’s killing lawful or unlawful?
18 March 2013
- What does a dismissal mean for you?
27 February 2013
- Are You A Former Felon In Need of Immigration Relief?
21 January 2013
- Would You Like To Erase Your Unlawful Presence?
9 January 2013
Contact & Map