Profile Image Placeholder

Janet Rubel

  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Illinois
Review This Lawyer
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered
Q. What is "Letters of Office-Guardian of the Person"/
A: The Letters of Office are official court papers giving the guardian the power to act on behalf of the person in need of guardianship. These are issued for someone under a disability such as mental or physical health or a minor.
Q. Can a family member sign someone out of a psych hospital if they have poa
A: It depends on the reason for the patient's admission. If it was voluntary, then yes, if you also have a medical power of attorney. If it was because of a court order, then no. It is possible that the patient could leave of his own accord.
Q. Can i sign illinois voluntary acknowledgement of paternity with the mother?
A: Yes. Illinois law provides for the biological father to sign a voluntary acknowledgement of paternity. This can be done at the hospital when the baby is born or afterwards at the local courthouse. The forms may be available online in your jurisdiction. Contact the local clerk of the court for more information. He or she can tell you the fees and paperwork you need.
View More Answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
555 Skokie Blvd
Suite 500
Northbrook, IL 60062
Telephone: (847) 480-1020
Toggle tool

There are no recently viewed profiles.

There are no saved profiles.

There are no profiles to compare.