Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Family Law
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Illinois State Bar
8 Questions Answered
- Q. What is "Letters of Office-Guardian of the Person"/
- A: The Letters of Office are official court papers giving the guardian the power to act on behalf of the person in need of guardianship. These are issued for someone under a disability such as mental or physical health or a minor.
- Q. Can a family member sign someone out of a psych hospital if they have poa
- A: It depends on the reason for the patient's admission. If it was voluntary, then yes, if you also have a medical power of attorney. If it was because of a court order, then no. It is possible that the patient could leave of his own accord.
- Q. Can i sign illinois voluntary acknowledgement of paternity with the mother?
- A: Yes. Illinois law provides for the biological father to sign a voluntary acknowledgement of paternity. This can be done at the hospital when the baby is born or afterwards at the local courthouse. The forms may be available online in your jurisdiction. Contact the local clerk of the court for more information. He or she can tell you the fees and paperwork you need.
Contact & Map