James Patrick Langendorf EsqHurley Law, LLC
- Employment Law, Consumer Law, Business Law ...
Mr. Langendorf, Jim to almost everyone, has 23 plus years of experience in corporate and business advising and employment law. While his employment law practice is broad based, he is concentrated on claims for unpaid overtime and minimum wage. At Hurley Law, he is the employment law leader. He has resolved all kinds of employment claims in state and in federal courts across Ohio. He has been co-lead counsel in multi-million dollar class actions, and he has litigated many FMLA and Title VII actions. He has helped corporate and business clients navigate employment and contractor relationships with employees, vendors, partners, buyers, sellers, and regulators. He has negotiated employment agreements and severance agreements with new and departing executives, doctors, and sales pros.
In addition to his experience in employment matters, Jim has a degree, and years of experience, in corporate accounting. His uniquely powerful legal and financial toolkit allows Jim to create or deconstruct financial statements, see true damages, analyze due diligence reports, make useful NOI calculations, and imagine value added pro-forma P&Ls for commercial real estate deals. Jim makes and advises multi-million dollar real estate deals and he advises business mergers and acquisitions; and he loves that work.
You can be confident that Jim and the team at Hurley Law can advise and guide you or your business through transactions and disputes, both in and out of court.
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- General Civil
- Credit Cards Accepted
Contingent fees vary based on how far the case progresses. A settled case may have a contingency of 25% to 33%. A case that goes to trial will require a contingency of 40% in most cases.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
In employment cases my fees are usually paid by the bad acting employer or corporate defendant.
- Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
- 6th Circuit
- English: Spoken, Written
- Greek: Spoken, Written
- Hurley Law, LLC
- - Current
- Principal Attorney
- Langendorf Law Firm
- University of Dayton School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: CALI Award for best Civil Trial Practice student in my section
- Activities: Clerked for a firm in Michigan after my first year, drafted a successful motion for summary judgment in federal court case over that summer. Worked for three law firms at the same time during my second and third years.
- Lake Superior State University
- B.S. (1992) | Accounting
- Super Lawyer
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- Ohio State Bar
- American Bar Associaton
- - Current
- Dayton Bar Association
- - Current
- How to avoid wage and hour lawsuits, Client webinar series
- Hurley Law Website
- Hurley Law Blog Posts
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.