Attorney Howard Iken is the founder and managing partner of Ayo and Iken PLC, a law firm helping clients with divorce, custody, bankruptcy, criminal defense, and debtor defense. We have offices throughout Tampa Bay and Central Florida.
We have the following locations available:
Summergate Professional Center
Seven Oaks - near Wiregrass Mall - off Hwy 56
27642 Cashford Circle
Wesley Chapel, FL 33544
New Port Richey - Pasco
7623 Little Road Suite 200B
New Port Richey, FL 34654
Tampa - Hillsborough
703 W. Bay Street
Tampa, FL 33606
Clearwater - Pinellas
3000 W. Gulf to Bay Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33760
Lakeland - Polk
1102 South Florida Ave
Lakeland, FL 33803
Orlando - Orange County
7651 Ashley Park Court
Orlando, FL 32835
We have six attorneys with extensive experience in many different areas of law. Those attorneys include a former prosecutor, former public defender, mediators, divorce and custody attorneys, and a chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney. Our consultations are free and we encourage you to come in to speak with an attorney.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Consumer Law
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- General Civil
- Small Claims
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- 11th Circuit
- Stetson University
- MBA / Business
- Stetson University College of Law
- J.D. / Law
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Nova Southeastern University
- Honors: With honers
- Rising Star Designation
- We are proud to announce our managing partner, Howard Iken has been designated by SuperLawyers as a Rising Star. The designation recognizes Mr. Iken’s years of dedication to his clients, his professionalism. and his standing in the legal community. The process for selecting SuperLawyers candidates: The General Survey Requests for nominations go out to area lawyers. They are instructed to nominate lawyers they have personally observed in action — whether as opposing counsel or co-counsel, or through other firsthand courtroom observation. The Research Process In addition to the general survey, the attorney-led research team reviews the credentials of potential candidates and assigns points based on a set of defined evaluation criteria. The research staff also confirms that nominees are properly licensed, in good standing with the state licensing agency, and, when possible, that they have no history of disciplinary action that would warrant removal from the list. The Final Selection Process The point totals from the general survey and research process are then added to arrive at a final tally. The lawyers are ranked by point totals and those with the highest point totals are named to the Rising Stars list. No more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are named to the list. To ensure a diverse and well-balanced list, the research staff considers factors such as firm size, practice area and geographic location.
- US Middle District Court of Florida
- Florida State Bar # 10202
- - Current
- Small Business Administration
- Business Counselor
- - Current
- Activities: Volunteer resource counselor for SCORE program, an organization operated under the US Small Business Administration. Provide free counseling to business owners on all aspects of business operation. Specialize in business buy/sell issues. Currently I serve the organization as a legal resource counselor.
- Florida Divorce and Custody Guide
- Ayo and Iken PLC
- Family Law Mediator
- Florida Supreme Court
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Florida Divorce and Custody Info
- Divorce Mediation
- Criminal Defense
- Clearwater Divorce Attorney
- Tampa Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Tampa Personal Injury
- Tampa Immigration Attorney
- Free Florida Child Support Calculator
- Sarasota Divorce Atttorney
- Miami Office
- St Petersburg Divorce Attorney
- Ayo and Iken PLC
- New Florida Bill on Custody
1 February 2017
- 15 Mistakes Many Women Make in a Divorce
18 January 2017
- Ayo and Iken 2016 Year in Review
2 January 2017
- Enjoying Families and Children During the Holiday Season
14 December 2016
- Guide to Telling Your Children About Divorce
22 November 2016
- Wedding Bliss in the Air at Ayo & Iken
1 November 2016
- Same Sex Parental Rights Extended
20 October 2016
- Ayo and Iken Recap
5 October 2016
- What Happens Now? – Same Sex Marriage & Divorce
29 September 2016
- Ayo and Iken - The Divorce Center
- Same Sex Marriage & Divorce – January 6th, 2015
20 December 2014
- The Peaceful Time of the Year ?
18 September 2014
- New Same Sex Marriage Laws in Florida 2014
2 August 2014
- Can I Take My Spouse to the Cleaners for Cheating?
30 June 2014
- Does Filing Bankruptcy Mean Losing My Personal Residence?
18 June 2014
- Diffusing Anger in a Rising Argument
7 May 2014
- Negative Home Equity and Property Division in a Florida Divorce
16 April 2014
- Three Ways To Improve Prospects in a Florida Child Custody Case
23 March 2014
- Action News Interviews Attorney Howard Iken
18 February 2014
- Attorney - Lawyer Network
- Ongoing Case Regarding Obama Amnesty Executive Order
17 January 2016
- Big Change in Law Regarding Fight Against Opiate Trafficking
1 November 2015
- Stand Your Ground Explained
31 August 2015
- Ensuring Financial Security in Divorce: Equitable Distribution of Retirement Accounts
8 October 2014
- Why Contempt Might Pose an Empty Remedy If Your Spouse Fails to Comply with a Divorce Judgment
28 July 2014
- Saving Your Home from Foreclosure by Filing Bankruptcy in Florida
20 June 2014
- What to Know about QDROs in a Florida Divorce
22 May 2014
- Slip and Fall Injuries: Steps To Take After An Accident
13 April 2014
- Does DUI Legislation Need an Overhaul?
11 March 2014
How to Win an Alimony Case in FloridaHow to Win a Child Custody Case in Florida
How to Win a Child Custody Case in FloridaAttorney Howard Iken: Choosing Your Attorney
How to Select an AttorneyLow cost divorce
Low cost divorceTampa Divorce Attorney
Tampa Divorce and Custody AttorneysNew Port Richey Divorce and Custody Attorneys
New Port Richey Divorce AttorneysAyo and Iken - About Our Firm
All about our law firm - The Law Firm of Ayo and Iken PLCLaw firm of Ayo and Iken - Florida Attorneys
About the attorneys at Ayo and IkenFlorida DOR child support enforcement
Florida Department of Revenue Child Support EnforcementAlimony
Alimony in Florida Divorce CasesChild Support
Child support in Florida
- Q. Husband petitioner in uncontested divorce can I still get my maiden name back
- A: Yes. But you must request that at the final hearing.
- Q. Can I manage my divorce in Florida from Puerto Rico
- A: That will be difficult. We have free consultations. 800-469-3486 Wesley Chapel Summergate Professional Center Seven Oaks - near Wiregrass Mall - off Hwy 56 27642 Cashford Circle Wesley Chapel, FL 33544 New Port Richey - Pasco 7623 Little Road Suite 200B Counsel Square New Port Richey, FL 34654 (727) 844-7676 Tampa - Hillsborough 703 W. Bay Street Tampa, FL 33606 (813) 774-4529 Clearwater - Pinellas 3000 W. Gulf to Bay Blvd Wilder Building Clearwater, FL 33760 (727) 844-7676 Lakeland - Polk 1102 South Florida Ave Lakeland, FL 33803 (863) 248-1151 Bradenton - Manatee 9040 Towncenter Pkwy Bradenton, FL 34202 Orlando - Orange County Suite 411 7651 Ashley Park Court Orlando, FL 32835
- Q. Does spouse still get alimony if half of the family net worth is enough to maintain her standard of living?
- A: I agree. It really depends on how much money she receives.
- Q. My husband and I went in front of a General Magistrate on May 21,2013 for a Pre-Trial Conference. I just received in the
- A: The judge is giving you a hint that you two will be happier if you settle and agree.
- Q. What is a counterclaim versus s counter petition in Florida? I answered the dissolution of marriage on April 1st,2013,
- A: If you just filed the answer, you can immediately file an amended and a counter. Here is the rule: RULE 1.190. AMENDED AND SUPPLEMENTAL PLEADINGS (a) Amendments. A party may amend a pleading once as a matter of course at any time before a responsive pleading is served or, if the pleading is one to which no responsive pleading is permitted and the action has not been placed on the trial calendar, may so amend it at any time within 20 days after it is served.
- Q. My daughter came home from a weekend with her dad saying she witnessed disturbing things. She is 2. I'm worried. Advice?
- A: If this is really a safety issue you should call the abuse hotline. A child protective investigator will visit within 24 hours. 1800-96-abuse
- Q. My wife has remarried and I dont think we are divorced...can I remarry?
- A: I assume you asked her? Or you can look on myfloridacounty.com for a divorce judgment.
- Q. Can a petition for dissolution of marriage be amended after the respondent has been served?
- A: If they already responded you can get an order from the court giving you the right to amend. Court are normally liberal with giving permission.
- Q. I have property owned by me and my ex girlfriend who was married when purchased together. Can I get her off the deed
- A: The only easy way is if she signs off on it. Otherwise it will be a complex problem.