Gavin Marie HalliganHalligan LLC
- Divorce, Family Law, Appeals & Appellate
As Gavin Halligan grew up in Colorado there was never any question she would be a lawyer one day. Her parents just knew. Early in life, Gavin showed a strong sense of fairness and the seemingly innate ability to articulate it. Often.
A continual refrain in the Halligan home: “It’s not fair!” “Save it for when you’re a judge.”
Gavin attended The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., then the University of Denver Sturm College of Law – where, as predicted, she loved the law while discovering an affinity for litigation. She chose family law because it offered her the chance to “fix things” and “make them right.”
In other words, to finally do what her parents told her to do, make things fair for her clients.
Gavin loves the complexities of family law, especially when it involves business interests of any kind and complex assets. She has been a student of business for most of her adult life and that shows in the great many successes the firm has had in cases involving businesses, professional practices, and entrepreneurs.
Halligan LLC handles family law matters such as divorce, maintenance/spousal support, high-asset divorce, divorce with business interests, child support, appeals, multistate family law, child custody, and post-decree issues. Gavin has an Avvo "Superb" rating and was a 2014 Avvo Clients' Choice Award recipient for her successful work with clients.
Ms. Halligan is a member of the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, the Denver Bar Association and the Colorado Bar Association's Family Law Section.She has been a Victim’s Advocate for the Federal Heights Police Department since law school. While using a strategic approach to the problems her clients face, she strongly advocates for their rights and best interests as they work through an emotionally, physically and financially trying time in their lives.
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Appeals & Appellate
- Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- English: Spoken, Written
- Halligan LLC
- - Current
- The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- J.D. (2012)
- The Catholic University of America
- B.A. (2009) | Political Science and Spanish for International Service
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Gold Committee Member
- - Current
- Halligan LLC
There are no recently viewed profiles.
There are no saved profiles.
There are no profiles to compare.