Gary graduated from the University of Alabama School of Law in 1981 and received his B.A. in Political Science with Honors from UA Huntsville in 1978. He has been practicing law in Alabama since 1981 and began his private practice in Scottsboro in 1982. Before entering private practice, Gary spent a year as general counsel for an insurance company in Alabama. The Lackey Law Firm has grown under his leadership and with his focus on Auto Accidents, Truck Wrecks, Wrongful Death, Injury Law, Divorce, Custody, DUI, Criminal Defense, Health Care Law and Civil Litigation. Gary graduated from Scottsboro High School in 1975. He has recovered millions of dollars for his clients through jury verdicts and settlements.
Gary is a member of the Mountain Lakes Chamber of Commerce, past President of the Jackson County Bama Club, a member of the Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and the Jackson County Shrine Club, and a member of the Executive Committee of the Jackson County Bama Club. He is a dual member of the Scottsboro and Hollywood Masonic Lodges. While attending law school he was a member of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity and received American Jurisprudence Awards in the study of Evidence, Property II, and Constitutional Law.
Gary enjoys practicing law with his son and daughter and in his free time he enjoys spending time with his four grandchildren. He also enjoys the outdoors, hunting and traveling with his family.
- Personal Injury
- DUI & DWI
- Estate Planning
- Car Accidents
- General Civil
- Free Consultation
We always offer free initial consultations.
- Credit Cards Accepted
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, checks, cash and debit cards.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Following an in-office consultation you may be quoted a flat fee, an hourly rate, or a contingent fee, depending upon the type of case involved.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Written
- The Lackey Law Firm
- - Current
- General Counsel
- Insurance Company
- Handled assignment of litigation in all 50 states.
- University of Alabama - Tuscaloosa
- J.D. (1981) | Law
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence, American Jurisprudence Award in Property II, American Jurisprudence Award in Constitutional Law
- University of Alabama - Huntsville
- B.A. (1978) | Political Science
- Distinguished Member of the Year
- Jackson County Bama Club
- Alabama State Bar
- Jackson County Bar Association
- Scottsboro-Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
- Alabama Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Jackson County Bama Club