Francis T. O’Brien, Jr. is of counsel to Parker / Scheer, LLP and serves as director of the firm’s criminal practice group. Formerly a founding partner of the Boston trial firm, Wheeler & O’Brien, P.C., Mr. O’Brien brings twenty years of experience in the field of criminal defense.
A member of the Massachusetts and Florida state bars and the federal bar in Massachusetts, Mr. O’Brien has also represented clients on criminal state and federal matters in more than twenty states.
Mr. O’Brien’s practice concentrates on all areas of criminal defense, including white collar, crimes of violence, fraud, narcotics, motor vehicle offenses and operating under the influence. He has extensive experience in issues relating to search and seizure as well as issues arising in the defense of operating under the influence.
Having successfully handled hundreds of cases of individuals charged with operating under the influence and other motor vehicle offenses, Mr. O’Brien also has considerable experience with related issues involving license suspensions and requests for license reinstatement. He frequently represents clients before the Registry of Motor Vehicles and Board of Appeal for the Registry.
Mr. O’Brien also has extensive state appellate experience, having argued before the Supreme Judicial Court and Appeals Court of Massachusetts as well as the Supreme Court of New Hampshire. One the federal level he is admitted to practice before the First, Second, Fourth and Seventh Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- White Collar Crime
- Domestic Violence
- Appeals & Appellate
- 1st Circuit
- 2nd Circuit
- 4th Circuit
- 7th Circuit
- Massachusetts Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Wheeler & O'Brien, P.C.
- Massachusetts Criminal Lawyer Francis T. O'Brien was a founding partner of Wheeler & O'Brien, P.C., a Boston trial firm. In this position, he gained twenty years of experience in the field of criminal defense.
- Suffolk University Law School
- Providence College
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Board of Directors
- Providence College Alumni Association Boston Chapter
- President's Council of Providence College
- Parish Council Member
- Resurrection Parish
- Hingham, MA, Treasurer
- Hingham-Hull Babe Ruth Baseball League
- Board Member
- Hingham High School Rowing Association
- Volunteer Moot Court Judge
- Moot Court
- Lawyers Have Heart (for the American Heart Association)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
An interview with Boston Criminal Lawyer Francis T. O'Brien Jr. about his experience and upfront approach with clients and the ways he deals with challenging criminal cases. Francis T. O'Brien, Jr. is one of the most well respected Boston criminal lawyers currently practicing today. Whether your case goes to trial or is resolved prior to trial, Attorney O'Brien has the judgement, knowledge and skill to achieve the most favorable outcome for your criminal case. Contact him at 866-414-0400